N64CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N64CL

Don't know if this has been posted, but I couldn't find any mention of it. Clay Lacy is selling his purple Mustang. It is listed with Bob Hannah. No price. I believe Clay has owned it for over 50 years. It was always one of my favorite Mustangs, and was great seeing the pics of it at Reno a few years back.

Re: N64CL

Originally posted by Rigby View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted, but I couldn't find any mention of it. Clay Lacy is selling his purple Mustang. It is listed with Bob Hannah. No price. I believe Clay has owned it for over 50 years. It was always one of my favorite Mustangs, and was great seeing the pics of it at Reno a few years back.
    Yes, it was really special seeing her. Hopefully she'll be back. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigby View Post
      Where are you seeing that? I don't see it on Hannah's site.

Comment

It was in the latest issue of Warbirds International that came in the mail yesterday. It is the issue with Strega on the front. It is a full page add two to three pages in.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, it is the oldest Reno racer still wearing its numbers. It would be great to see it back at Reno even if its only static.

It would be epic to get N64CL, Miss Merced and Miss America all together on the ramp for a photo shoot. I think they are the 3 oldest Reno racers, Cloud Dancer and RR3 would be welcome additions as they are also early racers.

Will

Comment

... N64CL and 'CL' at Reno '72 ...

What is the actual color of that airplane ? ... it varies wildly in internet photos

Click image for larger version

Name:	SFW-C47-12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	510.0 KB
ID:	228688
            Last edited by sledge39; 06-15-2018, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
              If I'm not mistaken, it is the oldest Reno racer still wearing its numbers. It would be great to see it back at Reno even if its only static.

It would be epic to get N64CL, Miss Merced and Miss America all together on the ramp for a photo shoot. I think they are the 3 oldest Reno racers, Cloud Dancer and RR3 would be welcome additions as they are also early racers.

Will
              That would be awesome! Cloud Dancer is painted as Blood Brother now so it wouldn’t be as symbolic but all the rest look about the same if not the same as early race days.
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by sledge39 View Post
                ... N64CL and 'CL' at Reno '72 ...

What is the actual color of that airplane ? ... it varies wildly in internet photos

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23269[/ATTACH]
                The pictures posted above are very close to what it looks like in person.

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post

Will
                  E.D.'s racer shares that honor with Clay's Mustang. Both from 1964.

E.D.'s #14 was the cross country racer, and dropped out of the '64 Transcon due to weather if I remember correctly. Never made it to Sky Ranch. But they were both racing the first year.

Also...Miss America first showed up in 1969 (but was actually raced at Fox Field by Dave Allender in 1965/66 as race 19 "Miss San Diego" and "Wayfarer's Club")....which would also be Rare Bear's first year.

(Sorry....Aero Research photos)
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Big_Jim; 06-15-2018, 02:50 PM.

Comment

I just hope it doesn't become another "TF" warbird.
                    remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

... N182X at Reno '68 ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	(rwk.2018) S68-36.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	228691

Comment

Some air race history here.

Should be considered historical and not change whats-no-ever.

Comment

Working...
                        X