Thread: Ely NV races

Default Ely NV races

Practice starts today. Who is going? I couldnít make it so Iím depending on other people and maybe Air Race 1 will do some coverage.

Biggest news in F1 right now is that Last Lap Player has a new T-tail and that Justin Meaders has his Snoshoo flying.

Default Re: Ely NV races

Awesome!! thanks for the heads up.

deleted
    Last edited by Bob; 06-13-2018 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CubersWrist View Post
    Practice starts today. Who is going? I couldnít make it so Iím depending on other people and maybe Air Race 1 will do some coverage.

Biggest news in F1 right now is that Last Lap Player has a new T-tail and that Justin Meaders has his Snoshoo flying.
    Thanks for the heads-up. Wish I could go, but it's the 99th Reno Rodeo and my daughter will be in town.

I doubt next year either since it will be the 100th.

Hopefully some AAFOers will go and post lots of pics.

Hey Will, you like to ride your bike, highway is a popular trip across Nevada for peddlers. If you leave today you can make it by Friday :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Desertdawg View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up. Wish I could go, but it's the 99th Reno Rodeo and my daughter will be in town.

I doubt next year either since it will be the 100th.

Hopefully some AAFOers will go and post lots of pics.

Hey Will, you like to ride your bike, highway is a popular trip across Nevada for peddlers. If you leave today you can make it by Friday :-)

I'd love to be up there shooting pics, but no dice. As far as riding up there, I've only been on my bike 6 times this year. I think it would take a bit longer than that.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    I'd love to be up there shooting pics, but no dice. As far as riding up there, I've only been on my bike 6 times this year. I think it would take a bit longer than that.

Will
    Coming up, the 27th Oatbran Ride across Nevada

https://www.bikethewest.com/oatbran-...across-nevada/

My son in law lives in Eureka, Nevada, 1 hours drive west of Ely, he's heard Ely has had a good response to this event.

Would be nice, love the area. Tie it into a longer vacation.

Many things to see around Ely

Railroad Museum
    http://www.nnry.com

Cave Lake State Park
    http://parks.nv.gov/parks/cave-lake

Great Basin National Park
    https://www.nps.gov/grba/index.htm

Had planned on flying in with a friend but now have a wedding in Cali that I have to go to.

Thumbs up Re: Ely NV races

The Staff and Volunteers from Ely and White Pine County did a Great job for their 'First' time. Hospitality was 'Over the Top'. Lessons learned will Surely bring a better experience next year. All of the IF1 pilots and crews told me that " Those who did not make it will wish they had" . The dates are set for June 13 to June 16, 2019. Everyone in White Pine County is excited to continue this event. They set the Bar high for and hope to exceed it for 2019. Thanks to All for letting me be a part of it.

Airboss

Quote Originally Posted by beachboss View Post
    The Staff and Volunteers from Ely and White Pine County did a Great job for their 'First' time. Hospitality was 'Over the Top'. Lessons learned will Surely bring a better experience next year. All of the IF1 pilots and crews told me that " Those who did not make it will wish they had" . The dates are set for June 13 to June 16, 2019. Everyone in White Pine County is excited to continue this event. They set the Bar high for and hope to exceed it for 2019. Thanks to All for letting me be a part of it.

Airboss
    Good news, thanks for the feedback.