IMPORTANT PRS Unlimited NEWS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT PRS Unlimited NEWS!!!

Just found this.... Let me elaborate on the names...

Michael Brown- Goldfinger
    Brent Hisey- Miss America
    Stephen Barber- CAF SoCal Pilot
    Jason Somes- CAF SoCal Pilot

Joe & JP Thibodeau- Us Reno fans know the name, right now the family owns P-51D Crusader and Sea Fury Sea Hawk which Nelson had his accident in. Are they bringing Crusader?

James Dale- Also known as Jim Dale... Lead Pilot for Lewis Air Legends...
    Craig Hutain- Pilot for Tora and plenty of other CAF Texas planes, recently flew the tall-tail P-63F

Dennis Sanders- Qual Pilot
    Sherman Smoot- Qual Pilot

Reno from '99 to '22

Re: IMPORTANT PRS Unlimited NEWS!!!

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    Just found this.... Let me elaborate on the names...

Michael Brown- Goldfinger
    Brent Hisey- Miss America
    Stephen Barber- CAF SoCal Pilot
    Jason Somes- CAF SoCal Pilot

Joe & JP Thibodeau- Us Reno fans know the name, right now the family owns P-51D Crusader and Sea Fury Sea Hawk which Nelson had his accident in. Are they bringing Crusader?

James Dale- Also known as Jim Dale... Lead Pilot for Lewis Air Legends...
    Craig Hutain- Pilot for Tora and plenty of other CAF Texas planes, recently flew the tall-tail P-63F

Dennis Sanders- Qual Pilot
    Sherman Smoot- Qual Pilot

I believe the Thibodeau's have a new Sea Fury they plan on bringing if everything works out.

JD is slated to fly PSAM's Cobra.

CAF is still standing by their decision to not allow any of their aircraft to be raced. They did let Somes and Barber use the airplanes for PRS. Hopefully they can find other rides to bring.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
      I believe the Thibodeau's have a new Sea Fury they plan on bringing if everything works out.

JD is slated to fly PSAM's Cobra.

CAF is still standing by their decision to not allow any of their aircraft to be raced. They did let Somes and Barber use the airplanes for PRS. Hopefully they can find other rides to bring.
      Which Fury..?

Sweet! Thought that Nightingale and Moodie both raced last year to prepare them to bring both planes so that's interesting.

And that kinda throws off what Hurtain is bringing considering he flies CAF birds, hopefully they can bend some rules...
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Which Fury..?
        N63SF....
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

N63SF....
          N63SF was rescued from Iraq by Jurist and Tallichet and was established as an ISS 11 until getting the registration N63SF and keeping that registration going forward. The TMK 20 Fury was restored by Sanders and kept under the radar for a pretty long time (even now the registration hasn't been confirmed), but we know it's 63SF.

It was built for Chuck Greenhill as a dual-control TMK 20 with a 2800 mounted up front and had her first flight a little over a year ago. 63SF was registered to Air Zurich LLC which is the name that Greenhill uses to register most of his warbirds. As of 3 days ago (June 15, 2018) the registration has been switched over to an unnamed owner in Denver, Colorado, with the same address that Joe Thibodeau uses to register his aircraft.

Just this morning Mr. Seguin posted a video of 63SF running up at the Sanders facility in Ione in bare metal scheme... if all goes to plan we should be seeing her grace the pylons this year! Nice to have 5 Fury's running the pylons again.

Hoping to learn more soon and get an idea of what paint scheme is going onto her!
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

That is awesome news to see Miss A & Goldfinger on the list! The Full Noise crew are working like mad men and women to get her back this year as well.. last update had her on jacks in the hangar at Omaka looking at ideas for go faster bits
            race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by kiwiracefan View Post
              The Full Noise crew are working like mad men and women to get her back this year as well.. last update had her on jacks in the hangar at Omaka looking at ideas for go faster bits
              Might a suggest finding another option to build the race motor this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                Oh cmon Brad who’s good at race-prepping Allison’s these days?! But good point... haha
                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                  OUCH. while true.... it is also savage!
                  I think the plan is to run the current motor (which is last years stocker)
                  race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Oh cmon Brad who’s good at race-prepping Allison’s these days?! But good point... haha
                    I'd start with VIntage V12s. I have to agree however. The guy who built that engine last year seems to have gotten a few things not quite right. That said, it sounds like the Full Noise crew are looking at a supercharger mod, and hopefully some stronger valve springs. It sounded like the valves on the stock engine were floating quite a bit. Perhaps the heads off the race engine are in good condition and can be swapped onto the stock case? I also gather that they are looking for ways to run more water for the spray bars. Perhaps some 400 mph duct tape on all the panel seams?

Even though the winning speed will likely be far lower than it was last year, I have a feeling its going to be harder for FN to make it into the Gold for Sunday. I get the feeling the racing is going to be very competitive amongst the 360-400 mph club.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                      Even though the winning speed will likely be far lower than it was last year, I have a feeling its going to be harder for FN to make it into the Gold for Sunday. I get the feeling the racing is going to be very competitive amongst the 360-400 mph club.

Will
                      The Unlimited Gold can hold 9 planes but it hasn't the past few years so I agree FN will have to work really hard to secure a spot. Most likely 2 Mustangs that will be faster and 5 Furies maybe the Bearcat too...
                      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Voodoo and Strega not showing up is starting to peak some interest. It's going to be fun to see some of the "mods" done to the unlimiteds that do show up. It really is up for grabs.

Comment

Working...
                        X