No Strega, No Voodoo, No Bear and Maybe No Sanders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No Strega, No Voodoo, No Bear and Maybe No Sanders

It would be something to see Miss America show up with a race motor and get a gold win.

Comment

The only thing over is 500 mile racers. With engines costing 300k plus it’s no surprise, it really makes no sense. Glad to have seen the last shootout.

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
        It would be something to see Miss America show up with a race motor and get a gold win.
        I think that's the plan, I'm hoping Brown didn't bring Goldfinger to PRS because she's getting her September mods done
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
          I think that's the plan, I'm hoping Brown didn't bring Goldfinger to PRS because she's getting her September mods done
          Yes, yes. I'm a glass half full type of guy, so I'll go with your assumption.

Comment

The general opinion of those I spoke to yesterday afternoon is that there is new management and GREAT hope of good things to come. Fred Telling KNOWS air racing and is probably the best thing that could happen to RENO.

The main thing that will make the "big boys" come and stay is SPONSORSHIP! It would be good to always present a supportive face from the fans of the sport! NASCAR has that, we don't... other than a few VERY important sponsors currently, our sport lacks the volume of major sponsorships that make NASCAR happen, from the bottom to the top, it's all about "partners" working together.. We're one of those little cogs that makes up the wheel...

I'm with Leo, given cooperation from my health care professionals, (spending last year cooped up in a hyperbaric chamber during September SUCKED!) it would take a locked gate to keep me out come September!

GO RARA!!!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
              I wholeheartedly agree. Especially since Miss A is one of only a handful of racers from the early years to still be flying wearing the original name and number. (Older ones being Clay Lacy's race 64, and Miss Merced. Miss A's first year was 1969.) I'd love to see all three parked on the ramp again. I think race 64 might be the only remaining unlimited from '64 that remains (still wearing a race number at least.)

Will

Comment

I'm awaiting a doctor's verdict also Wayne. I had back fusion surgery a few weeks ago and it is hard to get cleared to do anything. By September I should be practically running BUT am still going to be getting around the races by golf cart this year! But I WILL be there even if it is to watch one lowly plane bend the pylons.
                BTW stepped outside last night to the sight and sound of a Bearcat, a Hellcat and a Trojan passing over. Between that and the constant practice flights yesterday, I am ready!
                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

The unlimited class ain't what it used to be...

Comment

No. But it might well be great again. Its up to us to make our voices heard to any potential sponsors.
                    The days of a new modified racer every year or two are probably over, just costs too much, but it isn't dead by any means.
                    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by grampi View Post
                      The unlimited class ain't what it used to be...
                      Perhaps...but then, most things aren't. I remain optimistic about RARA 's future given the current leadership team. As for not having the "super" Unlimited's in the field, I suppose it was inevitable at some point. There are projects underway (PM, Tsu, etc.) that may bode well for 2019 and beyond but frankly, I think it will be interesting to see an UNL field that in many respects is somewhat "up for grabs."

Hope the upcoming Ely event goes well. Any air racing event that builds upon the history of Reno is a good thing. Wish all involved at Ely good luck and a safe and exciting event.

Here's to September...
                      Owen Ashurst
                      Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                      http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Despite deciding not to go this year, I bought a $100 dollar plane ticket last night. 37 years and counting....

Comment

Working...
                        X