No Strega, No Voodoo, No Bear and Maybe No Sanders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Strega, No Voodoo, No Bear and Maybe No Sanders

Good luck with this years “races” the story is now breaking in the new Warbirds Intl. Team Sanders are currently grounded due to a situation and if it’s not resolved by Sept they are out too. Jay is done racing and Strega is not coming. ( Jay is still the 7 Pilot). So the winner is SAwbones? No thanks . The Sanders issue is the reason Dennis did not fly at Chino. Voodoo are an open question at this point and haven’t said yes or no under their new situation. Rod isn’t coming back - that’s not even news anymore.
    Last edited by John H; 06-08-2018, 10:16 AM.

Re: No Strega, No Voodoo, No Bear and Maybe No Sanders

Originally posted by John H View Post
    Good luck with this years “races” the story is now breaking in the new Warbirds Intl. Team Sanders are currently grounded due to a situation and if it’s not resolved by Sept they are out too. Jay is done racing and Strega is not coming. ( Jay is still the 7 Pilot). So the winner is SAwbones? No thanks . The Sanders issue is the reason Dennis did not fly at Chino. Voodoo are an open question at this point and haven’t said yes or no under their new situation. Rod isn’t coming back - that’s not even news anymore.
    This years race was shaping up to be Dreadnought, Sawbones, Miss A, and Goldfinger for gold. No one was expecting Voodoo obviously, no one was expecting Bear obviously even though Rod has Reno listed its either a stocker or nothing, even if Strega cane it would be boring to watch a repeat of Voodoo and Czech Mate (but not even Czech Mate to compete)... no one has had high expectations for this years Super Unlimiteds, I think I have support in saying that a good and VERY competitive gold race will be held just by some slower planes that still do over 400. It’ll be a bummer if Dreadnought doesn’t show, but I’m in full support of Brown and Hisey racing for gold in super stockers. And add in a stock Bearcat when we haven’t had a stocker since 2009 and a Kingcobra which we haven’t seen since....? AND a very competitive sport class. This year is gonna be awesome!!!!
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

So the winner is SAwbones? No thanks.
      Really, everyone that competes at Reno is a winner.

There will most definitely be people cheering for Sawbones and any other team that takes the checked flag.

Go Sawbones Go

Comment

Sawbones can win if second place is six inches behind and diving to overtake at the finish...

Comment

Good luck with this years “races” the story is now breaking in the new Warbirds Intl.
          The "races" are about more than 3 airplanes, or even a whole class for that matter.

It will be nice to see a new winner for a change. It's been Strega and Voodoo swapping first place the past....12 years or so?
          "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

This little guy would go wild.

Comment

What is the situation with TEAM SANDERS grounding?

Comment

Originally posted by JB1213 View Post
                What is the situation with TEAM SANDERS grounding?
                Think it has anything to do with the midair collision a few years ago?

Comment

Cessna located but pilot missing after collision with Sea Fury as NTSB investigator interviews pilot of vintage British fighter

Comment

Got word directly from a team member today that the Sander's airplanes will be at Reno.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                      Think it has anything to do with the midair collision a few years ago?
                      Positively 100 Percent nothing to do with anything flying FAA or anything like it. Hopefully if they are coming their issue is settled by then.

Comment

I’ll be honest, your post discusts me. True air racing fans will still be there, even if you won’t.
                        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Once again, some have been predicting that this is the "last year" and the races are over ever since they started. It seems that some are just ready to stick a fork in.
                          My first year was 1976 and they were scrounging for ANYONE to show up for unlimited racing. One of the best years simply because of the variety that DID show. Competitive? Not really, but fun!
                          I agree that the Strega/Voodoo show can get a little repetitive but I still get up and scream for that final race. Last year was awesome with all of the different types in the unlimited races. Was it a show, more than a race? Sure, but I'll take it.
                          So the "Bad Boys of Air Racing" (boy I hate that phrase) aren't there. Or they are, nobody knows until Monday on the ramp. If they aren't, will I be there? I have only missed 2 years since 1976 and those were with me kicking and screaming about it. The only way I won't be there is if I show up in September and the gates are locked.
                          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

We are looking forward to another GREAT year of racing fun in September!!

Comment

This year will be different but it isn’t because the races are “over” and I think it’s happening for a good reason. RARA is doing a great job filling the field with variety. TFL was cool to see, but they basically just flew the pylons for show, I also read recently that none of them wanted to bump into silver just so they could “race” each other in bronze for fun. That will be a different story with CAF and PSAM this year and I’m really looking forward to it. I think we’re going to see a lot of planes trying pretty hard to get better placement just because the top end competition isn’t there and that’s going to be cool to see. If you’ve ever seen Jason Somes fly at an airshow, you’ll understand why it’s gonna be awesome to see him race an unlimited.

Besides that, the future isn’t black. Blue Angels next year, Precious Metal, Furias, Tsunami all being worked on for a comeback and Strega/Voodoo ready to take them on if the need arises. I don’t care how much money is at stake, I don’t think Tiger will watch gold racers run the pylons without the witch unless there’s absolutely nothing he can do about it. I’ve also heard here and there that RARA is working hard for an unlimited purse sponsor or 2 and it just hasn’t come to fruition yet
                              Last edited by GRNDP51; 06-09-2018, 11:46 AM.
                              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                              X