Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: PRS Happenings

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,549

    Default Re: PRS Happenings

    CAF Hellcat and Bearcat showed up, a T-28 is there too... and Midnight Miss
    *My Air Race Site*

    Reno from '99 to '17

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Reno, Nevada
    Posts
    1,442

    Default Re: PRS Happenings

    Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    CAF Hellcat and Bearcat showed up, a T-28 is there too... and Midnight Miss
    I heard something different earlier this afternoon, I thought, sounds like a Bearcat, no way. The Bear is still all dusty.

    Thanks for the info young man, may have to drop by tomorrow.


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,549

    Default Re: PRS Happenings

    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdawg View Post
    I heard something different earlier this afternoon, I thought, sounds like a Bearcat, no way. The Bear is still all dusty.

    Thanks for the info young man, may have to drop by tomorrow.

    Curious what theyíre actually racing, thinking itíll be the Bearcat and Spitfire. Will be nice to have a stock Bearcat, lots of different planes in the mix since the last time a stock Bear raced. Also rumor has it that Mark and diamondback are rookies this year...? If mark doesnít fly out tomorrow or Friday Iíll assume that to be true
    *My Air Race Site*

    Reno from '99 to '17

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    869

    Default Re: PRS Happenings

    you only need to pilot a plane that is considered an unlimited to qualify to race an unlimited. you can fly a T-28 at PRS and qualify to fly Strega during race week. Likewise, to race a plane it must be demonstrated that the plane can handle race power settings.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,714

    Default Re: PRS Happenings

    Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    CAF Hellcat and Bearcat showed up, a T-28 is there too... and Midnight Miss
    Any who the new owner / pilot of Midnight Miss is?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,549

    Default Re: PRS Happenings

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    you only need to pilot a plane that is considered an unlimited to qualify to race an unlimited. you can fly a T-28 at PRS and qualify to fly Strega during race week. Likewise, to race a plane it must be demonstrated that the plane can handle race power settings.
    Not sure what this was in response to, but yes I am aware. The T-28 is registered to Estrella Museum so my (probably wrong) guess was that Sherm flew it there to help qualify pilots as it's a 2-seater. And in regards to Mark and Dback, he was supposed to bring the AlphaJet to PRS to help with FAST training as he does every year. He supposedly did that with the Mustang, but I'm not sure if he's qualifying to race or not... We will know the answer if he doesn't leave until Sunday (since FAST training is finished now).

    Quote Originally Posted by Race5 View Post
    Any who the new owner / pilot of Midnight Miss is?
    It got registered to Dennis again yesterday via what Flightaware says, would that make any sense?
    *My Air Race Site*

    Reno from '99 to '17

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    1,365

    Default Re: PRS Happenings

    I wonder if they will do PRS flying Friday as Sat. & Sunday has cooler days & windy.
    Lockheed Bob

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,714

    Default Re: PRS Happenings

    Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    Not sure what this was in response to, but yes I am aware. The T-28 is registered to Estrella Museum so my (probably wrong) guess was that Sherm flew it there to help qualify pilots as it's a 2-seater. And in regards to Mark and Dback, he was supposed to bring the AlphaJet to PRS to help with FAST training as he does every year. He supposedly did that with the Mustang, but I'm not sure if he's qualifying to race or not... We will know the answer if he doesn't leave until Sunday (since FAST training is finished now).



    It got registered to Dennis again yesterday via what Flightaware says, would that make any sense?
    It is my understanding that Dennis sold it within the past few weeks.

  9. #29

    Default Re: PRS Happenings

    Quote Originally Posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
    I wonder if they will do PRS flying Friday as Sat. & Sunday has cooler days & windy.
    Waiver and TFR's are not in effect until Saturday. But that's Reno...!
    Owen Ashurst
    Deputy Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    AIR BOSS ONE
    San Diego CA
    http://airbossone.com

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Reno, Nevada
    Posts
    1,442

    Default Re: PRS Happenings

    Nice morning, should be very active today.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •