Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRS Happenings

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
    Their website they are trying to get the ban lifted this year.

http://www.warbirdsofdelaware.com/20...3/Default.aspx
    Not going to happen.

Comment

TWENTY EIGHT Sport Class! WOW!

Comment

If I remember correctly, they also banned the viper engine change because of the engine mount and lack of proper engineering. Remember the L-29 that wanted to kill Heather Penney? Same mount and engine I believe. I could be wrong.

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
        Their website they are trying to get the ban lifted this year.

http://www.warbirdsofdelaware.com/20...3/Default.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
          If I remember correctly, they also banned the viper engine change because of the engine mount and lack of proper engineering. Remember the L-29 that wanted to kill Heather Penney? Same mount and engine I believe. I could be wrong.
          Same setup. Jet class rules now prohibit any jet from racing that has an an engine that was not installed in a production variant. There are other things that drove that change as well, and to reverse it would require the class, the FAA, and RARA to agree on it.

Comment

According to the 2018 Jet class rules, they are going to be enforcing the 525 speed limit more harshly as well. Do it once and you get a DQ for that race. Do it a second time and you're done for the entire event.

Comment

CAF Hellcat and Bearcat showed up, a T-28 is there too... and Midnight Miss
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                I heard something different earlier this afternoon, I thought, sounds like a Bearcat, no way. The Bear is still all dusty.

Thanks for the info young man, may have to drop by tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                  I heard something different earlier this afternoon, I thought, sounds like a Bearcat, no way. The Bear is still all dusty.

Thanks for the info young man, may have to drop by tomorrow.

Curious what they’re actually racing, thinking it’ll be the Bearcat and Spitfire. Will be nice to have a stock Bearcat, lots of different planes in the mix since the last time a stock Bear raced. Also rumor has it that Mark and diamondback are rookies this year...? If mark doesn’t fly out tomorrow or Friday I’ll assume that to be true
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

you only need to pilot a plane that is considered an unlimited to qualify to race an unlimited. you can fly a T-28 at PRS and qualify to fly Strega during race week. Likewise, to race a plane it must be demonstrated that the plane can handle race power settings.

Comment

Any who the new owner / pilot of Midnight Miss is?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                        you only need to pilot a plane that is considered an unlimited to qualify to race an unlimited. you can fly a T-28 at PRS and qualify to fly Strega during race week. Likewise, to race a plane it must be demonstrated that the plane can handle race power settings.
                        Not sure what this was in response to, but yes I am aware. The T-28 is registered to Estrella Museum so my (probably wrong) guess was that Sherm flew it there to help qualify pilots as it's a 2-seater. And in regards to Mark and Dback, he was supposed to bring the AlphaJet to PRS to help with FAST training as he does every year. He supposedly did that with the Mustang, but I'm not sure if he's qualifying to race or not... We will know the answer if he doesn't leave until Sunday (since FAST training is finished now).

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                        Any who the new owner / pilot of Midnight Miss is?
                        It got registered to Dennis again yesterday via what Flightaware says, would that make any sense?
                        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I wonder if they will do PRS flying Friday as Sat. & Sunday has cooler days & windy.
                          Lockheed Bob

Comment

Not sure what this was in response to, but yes I am aware. The T-28 is registered to Estrella Museum so my (probably wrong) guess was that Sherm flew it there to help qualify pilots as it's a 2-seater. And in regards to Mark and Dback, he was supposed to bring the AlphaJet to PRS to help with FAST training as he does every year. He supposedly did that with the Mustang, but I'm not sure if he's qualifying to race or not... We will know the answer if he doesn't leave until Sunday (since FAST training is finished now).

It got registered to Dennis again yesterday via what Flightaware says, would that make any sense?
                            It is my understanding that Dennis sold it within the past few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                              I wonder if they will do PRS flying Friday as Sat. & Sunday has cooler days & windy.
                              Waiver and TFR's are not in effect until Saturday. But that's Reno...!
                              Owen Ashurst
                              Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                              http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Nice morning, should be very active today.

Comment

Working...
                                X