PRS Happenings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS Happenings

Thought I would start a new thread for PRS arrivals... Flightaware has Diamondback listed to arrive tomorrow. Mark's website has the Alpha Jet listed to attend for jet class training so Dback coming is news to me... Did Diamondback go last year..?
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: PRS Happenings

Does anybody have any knowledge who might be coming to PRS? Any Unlimiteds? Can't decide if I want to make the trip. According to Steaduser.org the action will take place next Saturday and Sunday. That's a little more specific then June 7 - 10 posted on Airraces.org.

Thanks,

John

Comment

Miss A and Goldfinger might be there as both pilots haven't raced in a few years. They might also be able to do their thing in September.

Interesting that Diamondback will be there, in a sense, Stiletto is returning. (I'd rather it be as Stiletto however)

Will

Comment

I think Goldfinger and maybe some other stockers would be it. Miss A doesn't look like it'll be there. RARA allowing Unlimiteds to certify the week before Reno has changed the turnout at PRS. I think it's a good thing. All of the TFL group, Full Noise, and Bunny didn't have to attend PRS and that added 6 planes to the field during race week last year!

And I'm still hoping Mark is qualifying to race Diamondback. I'm hesitant on it but who knows...
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by JMS View Post
          Does anybody have any knowledge who might be coming to PRS? Any Unlimiteds? Can't decide if I want to make the trip. According to Steaduser.org the action will take place next Saturday and Sunday. That's a little more specific then June 7 - 10 posted on Airraces.org.

Thanks,

John
          PRS is generally Thursday through Sunday with most of the good stuff happening during Friday and Saturday. I'll keep you posted on what arrives. All I know so far is some sports, jets, and Diamondback
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

PRS is indeed Thursday thru Sunday, however; flying will occur only on Saturday and Sunday. While I can't say who is attending, the numbers are as follows, as of today:

Bips = 3
            F-1 = 4
            Jets = 11
            Sport = 28
            T-6 = 3
            UNL = 0 to 3

Cheers all,
            Owen Ashurst
            Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
            http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
              PRS is indeed Thursday thru Sunday, however; flying will occur only on Saturday and Sunday. While I can't say who is attending, the numbers are as follows, as of today:

Bips = 3
              F-1 = 4
              Jets = 11
              Sport = 28
              T-6 = 3
              UNL = 0 to 3

Cheers all,
              Good group! Recent picture showed that Jet Race 77 is back... That's Viper...
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post

Bips = 3
                F-1 = 4
                Jets = 11
                Sport = 28
                T-6 = 3
                UNL = 0 to 3

Cheers all,
                Thanks everybody for the updates. It's looking interesting.

John

Comment

Only had about 10min to burn yesterday. This is all I got.
                  Attached Files
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                    Miss A and Goldfinger might be there as both pilots haven't raced in a few years. They might also be able to do their thing in September.

Interesting that Diamondback will be there, in a sense, Stiletto is returning. (I'd rather it be as Stiletto however)

Will
                    Mike Brown and Doc Hisey will be there without their airplanes. No other unlimited pilots from what I am told.

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                      Good group! Recent picture showed that Jet Race 77 is back... That's Viper...
                      Viper has been at Stead the past several years. Unless they have removed the viper engine and returned it to "stock" it is still not welcome in the jet class per the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                        Viper has been at Stead the past several years. Unless they have removed the viper engine and returned it to "stock" it is still not welcome in the jet class per the rules.
                        100% correct

Comment

Aware of that, considering it was in formation training I’m assuming it has a different engine.
                          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                            Aware of that, considering it was in formation training I’m assuming it has a different engine.
                            Or someone was just using it to renew their FAST card before the races. Doesn't have to be class legal to do the formation clinic.

Comment

Or someone was just using it to renew their FAST card before the races. Doesn't have to be class legal to do the formation clinic.
                              Their website they are trying to get the ban lifted this year.

"young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X