Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NTSB Prelim report on BT2 incident and additional info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTSB Prelim report on BT2 incident and additional info.

Fasteners not tightened, radiator hose falls off? These are my thoughts, not official findings. But look at the pictures.
    During my stint crewing IF-1 we double and triple checked everything we did, how could these items have been missed?

Still cant get over the loss of JP, one of the nicest people I have ever known.
    Last edited by Bob; 06-03-2018, 06:13 AM. Reason: clarification

Re: NTSB Prelim report on BT2 incident and additional info.

Originally posted by Bob View Post
    http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2018/0...2bt-fatal.html

Fasteners not tightened, radiator hose falls off? These are my thoughts, not official findings. But look at the pictures.
    During my stint crewing IF-1 we double and triple checked everything we did, how could these items have been missed?

Still cant get over the loss of JP, one of the nicest people I have ever known.
    I read it that the bolts were sheared off, with the threaded part of the bolts still in the water pump pulley flange.
    The hose possibly could have been knocked of by the belts coming off? I don't know. The pic was pretty close-up, hard to tell what may have been hit by the belts.

I'm sure they will be able to tell us more about what caused the bolts to fail after metallurgical tests.

I am going to just be patient and not jump to conclusions, and see what the investigators come up with on this one.

Comment

Re: NTSB Prelim report on BT2 incident and additional info.

I hae had hosed knocked off by failing belts on my cars a few times over the years, a few times without harming the hose, just pulling it off without damage to anything else. Almost like the hose was loose but I knew darn well it wasn't. A lot of force going on in there.
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
      X