Blue Skies John Parker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Skies John Parker

Tuesday evening, a well-known pilot based at Stead died after his aircraft flipped over during an emergency landing at the airport.

Everything in the sentence above is on various news sites. I’m sure the good readers at AAFO.com can figure out who the pilot was. I ask you all to please refrain from mentioning names until officially announced.

Thoughts and prayers to family and friends.

Blue skies and tailwinds, you will be sorely missed.
    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Re: Blue Skies

Thanks Bill, I just followed a facebook LINK from Reno Air Racing Pylon Judge group there...

The older I get, the harder it is to adapt to change.. this will certainly change things.

Blue Skies Old Friend!

##And I know you guys know, out of respect for family, though I suspect they already are aware, please wait for official naming of the pilot....##
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Yes I was just told - I’m really sorry. I’m sure anyone can figure it out. And he was my first thought . Blue skies.

Comment

Blue skies.
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

What a shock this morning to read this.

Heard them flying yesterday evening and gracing our skies with the sound of September.

Gosh darn it, so sad.

Blue Skies

Comment

I heard them too and wanted to run out and watch. Alas I had spinal fusion surgery a couple weeks back and am not running out anywhere...
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Blue Skies. Prayers & Thoughts to all.
              Lockheed Bob

Comment

Condolences to all who knew him...family, friend, competitor and the entire RARA family.

Blue Skies, sir....CAVU.
                Owen Ashurst
                Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                  Thanks Bill, I just followed a facebook LINK from Reno Air Racing Pylon Judge group there...

The older I get, the harder it is to adapt to change.. this will certainly change things.

Blue Skies Old Friend!

##And I know you guys know, out of respect for family, though I suspect they already are aware, please wait for official naming of the pilot....##
                  Name has already been reported by the local news: http://www.ktvn.com/story/38090173/r...-stead-airport

Comment

“I’ve been doing this all my life," Parker told the RGJ in 2016. "I enjoy everything about it – the history, the mechanics, the metallurgy, the people – all of it.”

Comment

Extremely sad. Every year I willed and rooted for the TM to drive around those turbo Glasairs. Hopefully the TMs will live on in his honor.

Comment

and who can forget the epic race between John and Darryl places changed every lap, what a sight.
                        airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

So sad, whenever I cruised over to Stead on a lazy afternoon, if the doors were open I'd stop by.

I'd ask if it was ok to take pictures and John would say come-on in :-)

He will be missed.

Comment

So sad, whenever I cruised over to Stead on a lazy afternoon, if the doors were open I'd stop by.

I'd ask if it was ok to take pictures and John would say come-on in :-)

What a good life he had - Flying and racing.

Comment

He always welcomed me and my kids into the shop to hang out, take pictures, and talk about what they were working on with BT II. I sure am gonna miss that. Blue skies.
                              You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Working...
                              X