Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Concept Racer

Question Re: New Concept Racer

Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    Looks like they took a long look at the Bugatti racer. Interesting concept, but I have a feeling it will need far more rudder.Will
    Noticed myself. However wonder if the Vee of the horizontal stab acts like the V tail or stabilator(?)of a Beech Bonanza in concert with the vertical surfaces? There must be a master modeler on here that could build an RC model and test this as I'm sure some are thinking of doing anyway?
    Last edited by GeeBeeZ1931; 05-01-2018 at 06:21 AM. Reason: added thought

Default Re: New Concept Racer

Quote Originally Posted by GeeBeeZ1931 View Post
    Noticed myself. However wonder if the Vee of the horizontal stab acts like the V tail or stabilator(?)of a Beech Bonanza in concert with the vertical surfaces? There must be a master modeler on here that could build an RC model and test this as I'm sure some are thinking of doing anyway?
    The dihedral of the tail would help get it up out of the prop wash (less drag).

From what I've heard, Carl Friend had a plan to put a V-tail on the Rare Bear. It obviously never happened, but it would've been an interesting experiment.

The midget Deerfly had a V-tail for a while. I have read that it made it unstable in pylon turns and eventually was a factor in it's crash.