Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Delicate Matter - Can You Assist

Default Re: A Delicate Matter - Can You Assist

Quote Originally Posted by T. Adams View Post
    I was also contacted and refused to let them use my pictures.
    Thought about it as well. After some conversation with the producer, reviewing her previous work, and a trailer for the project I felt fairly comfortable in doing so. This seems to be much more about how family and friends deal with tragedy than rehashing the event in detail.

Time will tell...and respect all opinions.
    Owen Ashurst
    Deputy Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    AIR BOSS ONE
    San Diego CA
    http://airbossone.com

I agree with Air Judge. They still show & talk about the Space Shuttle disasters, the sinking of the Titanic, the Hindenburg going down, 911 photos, etc. All of these really happened & it is all how the Galloping Ghost incident is presented. Maybe we will all learn something about human nature. " Remember Pearl Harbor".
    Lockheed Bob

I was still in college in 2011 so I wasn't there, but reading about Galloping Ghost and seeing the videos on the news is how I learned about Reno. It makes for a sad story when people ask me how I got involved, but "it is what it is" and I can't go back and change it.

All I can say is I've met a lot of amazing people since then, and Reno has become a significant part of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Judge View Post
    The approach here, as I understand it, is to convey how we deal with tragedy and come out the other side.
    There is no reason this cannot be accomplished without showing a snuff film as part of it.

People are STILL dealing with this, and yet to come out the other side. I see no reason to include footage and pictures of the crash for a reason other than to increase viewership by way of those interested in the morbid.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjibus View Post
    There is no reason this cannot be accomplished without showing a snuff film as part of it.

People are STILL dealing with this, and yet to come out the other side. I see no reason to include footage and pictures of the crash for a reason other than to increase viewership by way of those interested in the morbid.
    Perhaps you would do well to conduct a little due diligence in what a "snuff film" is before you opine. Your comment does a disservices and is insulting to those lost, injured, and the family and friends of all involved. Strange that you hold yourself up in support of those still dealing with the tragedy but choose to use terminology that is actually harmful.

Moreover, this project is not about reliving the accident. It's about dealing with the aftermath and perseverance of the human spirit. Perhaps we should all withhold judgment until the project is completed.

Not here carrying water for the producer. All I asked was if anyone could provide some contact information. In classic style, people get their panties in a bunch and blast out uninformed, knee-jerk comments that serve no purpose other than to make themselves seem holier-than-thou...

Please tell me...how does this differ from any other MCE that this country has endured over time. You know...the ones that were actually the murder of innocents. I suppose you and others have never watched a single minute of any 9/11 footage, correct? Spare me your pontification....
    Owen Ashurst
    AIR BOSS ONE
    San Diego CA

Perhaps you would do well to conduct a little due diligence in what a "snuff film" is before you opine. Your comment does a disservices and is insulting to those lost, injured, and the family and friends of all involved. Strange that you hold yourself up in support of those still dealing with the tragedy but choose to use terminology that is actually harmful.

Moreover, this project is not about reliving the accident. It's about dealing with the aftermath and perseverance of the human spirit. Perhaps we should all withhold judgment until the project is completed.

Not here carrying water for the producer. All I asked was if anyone could provide some contact information. In classic style, people get their panties in a bunch and blast out uninformed, knee-jerk comments that serve no purpose other than to make themselves seem holier-than-thou...

Please tell me...how does this differ from any other MCE that this country has endured over time. You know...the ones that were actually the murder of innocents. I suppose you and others have never watched a single minute of any 9/11 footage, correct? Spare me your pontification....
    Let's not judge, Air Judge!
    Let's respect all opinions, remember?
    After all, remind me, who opened this can of worms in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by toldjaso View Post
    Let's not judge, Air Judge!
    Let's respect all opinions, remember?
    After all, remind me, who opened this can of worms in the first place?
    I did...and I expected this group to respect all opinions. That said, to consider this as a "snuff" is ridiculous. Struck me hard and disrespectful on many levels. I'm happy to take the heat...no problem. But let's keep it real. That comment was way over the line...
    Owen Ashurst
    AIR BOSS ONE
    San Diego CA

And it was never intended to be a can of worms. Just a request to see if anyone had information. Unfortunately, this group took this someplace it was never intended to go. Yet another example of the cesspool that is social media.
    Owen Ashurst
    AIR BOSS ONE
    San Diego CA

I did...and I expected this group to respect all opinions. That said, to consider this as a "snuff" is ridiculous. Struck me hard and disrespectful on many levels. I'm happy to take the heat...no problem. But let's keep it real. That comment was way over the line...
    Fair enough.

I'm just afraid this subject will open a lot of wounds.
    I was very fortunate that the event only ended my very promising career in air racing. Only 30+ years in the making.
    It affected a lot of other people in a much worse way.
    Can't put it behind you, ever. Just not to sure it will help to bring it all back up. RARA has done better than I ever thought they would at keeping this show together.
    We all want to see the NCAR continue.
    I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by toldjaso View Post
    Fair enough.

I'm just afraid this subject will open a lot of wounds.
    I was very fortunate that the event only ended my very promising career in air racing. Only 30+ years in the making.
    It affected a lot of other people in a much worse way.
    Can't put it behind you, ever. Just not to sure it will help to bring it all back up. RARA has done better than I ever thought they would at keeping this show together.
    We all want to see the NCAR continue.
    I'm done.
    I'm out, too. God forbid you bring something up on this blog that may even slightly offend or otherwise ruffle the feathers of the hierarchy of air racing on AAFO. Go ahead...do your best imitation of the ostrich. Stick your collective heads in the sand and pretend it never happened. See where that get's you...

And those who love this sport wonder why it consistently is on the edge of extermination. Have a mirror...?
    Owen Ashurst
    AIR BOSS ONE
    San Diego CA