Not so Mystery Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not so Mystery Mustang

Anyone with some spare holiday cash laying around might be interested to know that one of E.D. Weiners Mustangs is up for sale. N335J (#49) is now registered in France as F-AZJJ. Many of you will remember this one being restored by Max Hoffman and brought to Reno a few years back. Check out : http://www.courtesyaircraft.com/ and look for the F-AZJJ link. I'm not affiliated with Courtesy in any way and I personally HATE spam, I just thought this was interesting.

Race 29
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Ooh, I'll take the Bearcat! Ahh heck, it's Christmas, I'll take all the 'cats listed.

Don

Comment

Don, I hear ya!
      I just wish I could afford the O-2!
      The Bearcat was restored by the Sanders brothers a couple years ago.

Kind of a neat site with some pretty good shots of cockpit panels. They even have a link to AAFO in the events section!

Race 29
      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

I'll take the Howard 250 for a stylin' ride!
        Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
        World Speed Record Holder

Comment

ooooowwwweeeee!!

I will take the tiger cat for $995K.... open up another unlimited heat for it and Bossman......hmmmm...
          Randy Rheinschild
          www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

I think the P-39N project would be first on my list. That is, if money were no object.

Bring it up to "Q" model standards and restore it as an exact replica of Cobra II.

That'd turn some heads when I showed up with it at Reno running an alcohol-burning G-6 Allison. :-)

Comment

Re: Not so Mystery Mustang

I'll take this one http://www.courtesyaircraft.com/N53043.htm

Bill Rogers has one of these, they are class! Right stick, left throttle for both front seats, full military shoulder belts for all occupants, fully aerobatic, but a good X country speeder as well.. sexy sliding canopy. May not look like a fighter on the outside but from the inside, very cool!

Now, for about a hundred grand, I could get one, and my ticket to ride to boot!

I may be closer to sixty than 40 but it's never too late!

I'm truly eating my heart out right now, there's one of the few commercial grass strips left round these parts just up the road from me, Evergreen Airport, which I thought had been closed. I believe there is at least one guy giving lessons out of there, Sod and TD training...

Make a man out of me!!

Wayner
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Holiday Package!

Wayne,
                I was looking at this one --> http://www.courtesyaircraft.com/n773RD.htm
                That's some Holiday package `Course I don't have the "her" so I guess I would have to drive the both of them
                Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                My Photos
                My Ride

Comment

Stevo, yea, saw that one too. Did not catch the double deal thing. Must be nice ey!!

Seems like almost every warbird is for sale these days!

I've seen this one a couple times, it is probably the most accurately restored Corsair out there!

Wayne
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

wsager, I have flown in and out of evergreen quite a bit, especially when Wally was still alive, is there anything going on over there still or are they going to turn it into something else? Used to love to fly over there many years ago to fuel up and roam around, I've seen Bird dogs, Navions and all kinds of aircraft just sitting outside, parked. Sad to see it go though..chuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      wsager, I have flown in and out of evergreen quite a bit, especially when Wally was still alive, is there anything going on over there still or are they going to turn it into something else? Used to love to fly over there many years ago to fuel up and roam around, I've seen Bird dogs, Navions and all kinds of aircraft just sitting outside, parked. Sad to see it go though..chuck.
                      Chuck, I have not stopped in to ask but, when I was going over next door to the treatment center daily for two months, during the nice weather, there was a lot of activity there. It could all have been touch and go stuff though. There are a fair amount of airplanes tied down on the field and since the backs of the hangars face the street, I can't tell what might be in them (assuming they are open on the other side.)

I'll have to stop in and ask around. Probably worth a short story, at least. For sure, it's all built up around it on al sides, especially on the areas under and up to both ends of the runway. I thought I'd heard it was closed and plowed and until I moved up here, I knew nothing better. It certainly appears to be open, though very run down.

Wayne
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                      X