Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reno is on Lewis' Schedule

Default Re: Reno is on Lewis' Schedule

This is GREAT news, I hope it's true. Thanks Mr Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Fence Sence View Post
    What about Stu?
    With Voodoo retired Steven Hinton Jr. might be looking for a ride. I wonder if he has much time behind round engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Reever View Post
    With Voodoo retired Steven Hinton Jr. might be looking for a ride. I wonder if he has much time behind round engines.
    I'm just not sure how "retired" Voodoo is. With it at POF and being worked on day in and day out, I feel it was more of a Button retirement rather than Voodoo. We shall see...?
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '18

The Bear was parked with a healthy engine. It wasn't a crazy hot engine, but it did finish healthy. 232 needs an engine. Hopefully we will see both return. If no Voodoo or Strega, the Bear walks onto the 1st place podium pretty easily (There is nothing easy about getting the Bear through the weekend...)

As for Voodoo being done, hard to say. Time will tell. Strega is being flown somewhat regularly lately so we know they are healthy airframe wise.

Could be an interesting year.

Will

Rod needs to race the Bear or sell it someone who will. Unlimited Air Racing is not complete without the Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    I'm just not sure how "retired" Voodoo is. With it at POF and being worked on day in and day out, I feel it was more of a Button retirement rather than Voodoo. We shall see...?
    Prepping for another run at the 3K record later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    I think so. They could be planning on bringing anything, could be Bear, could be a stocker, could be something for static display even. If they want to bring Bear, there should be more than enough time. The only hurdle I can think of is Nelson not being there to help out. He’s a big piece of the shop. It does look like they’re making good progress on their restorations either way. I think rather than time being the issue, does Bear even have a pilot??
    Rod having great fun with his son doing off road racing,(Spitfire Off Road Racing).Doing all the major off road races with two trucks,a Caravan support aircraft and helicopter for chase.A whole lot less money than air racing and major television coverage and on natural gas (Lewis Energy).

The Tigercat is always a welcome sight and sound at Reno.

Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    The Bear was parked with a healthy engine. It wasn't a crazy hot engine, but it did finish healthy. 232 needs an engine. Hopefully we will see both return. If no Voodoo or Strega, the Bear walks onto the 1st place podium pretty easily (There is nothing easy about getting the Bear through the weekend...)

As for Voodoo being done, hard to say. Time will tell. Strega is being flown somewhat regularly lately so we know they are healthy airframe wise.

Could be an interesting year.

Will
    Didn't The Bear have a stock engine that was intended for FIFI, but "borrowed".

Quote Originally Posted by Reever View Post
    Didn't The Bear have a stock engine that was intended for FIFI, but "borrowed".
    Back in 2009. Had a few more "mods" before being installed.