Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reno is on Lewis' Schedule

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    I'm just not sure how "retired" Voodoo is. With it at POF and being worked on day in and day out, I feel it was more of a Button retirement rather than Voodoo. We shall see...?
    Prepping for another run at the 3K record later this year.

Comment

I think so. They could be planning on bringing anything, could be Bear, could be a stocker, could be something for static display even. If they want to bring Bear, there should be more than enough time. The only hurdle I can think of is Nelson not being there to help out. He’s a big piece of the shop. It does look like they’re making good progress on their restorations either way. I think rather than time being the issue, does Bear even have a pilot??
      Rod having great fun with his son doing off road racing,(Spitfire Off Road Racing).Doing all the major off road races with two trucks,a Caravan support aircraft and helicopter for chase.A whole lot less money than air racing and major television coverage and on natural gas (Lewis Energy).

Comment

The Tigercat is always a welcome sight and sound at Reno.

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
          The Bear was parked with a healthy engine. It wasn't a crazy hot engine, but it did finish healthy. 232 needs an engine. Hopefully we will see both return. If no Voodoo or Strega, the Bear walks onto the 1st place podium pretty easily (There is nothing easy about getting the Bear through the weekend...)

As for Voodoo being done, hard to say. Time will tell. Strega is being flown somewhat regularly lately so we know they are healthy airframe wise.

Could be an interesting year.

Will
          Didn't The Bear have a stock engine that was intended for FIFI, but "borrowed".

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
            Didn't The Bear have a stock engine that was intended for FIFI, but "borrowed".
            Back in 2009. Had a few more "mods" before being installed.

Comment

2015's engine was the healthiest of the Lewis years. It took a lot of time for the guys at Ezell to make it reliable. I just hope we get to see how fast Bear is when (if) they ever prep the full on race engine they had planned for 2016...
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

2015's engine was the healthiest of the Lewis years. It took a lot of time for the guys at Ezell to make it reliable. I just hope we get to see how fast Bear is when (if) they ever prep the full on race engine they had planned for 2016...
                They ran a faster Gold final in 2009 with the FIFI motor....

Comment

I believe that ship has sailed...

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
                    I believe that ship has sailed...
                    Please explain for those of us not in "the know".

Comment

Originally posted by marada mx3 View Post
                      Please explain for those of us not in "the know".
                      The poop de jour at the time was that the new sooper dooper blower would not make takeoff power when it was test flown. But as all things air racing, that is just a rumor.

Comment

As long as he has two static displays on the ramp then technically it’s on the schedule. Racing anytime soon looks highly doubtful and there is no pilot. I’ll believe if I see it. The only thing Rod said he would do is the speed record.

Comment

I was out at Stead today during a snow storm & no activity for "Rare Bear" or "Sept. Fury". The hanger is closed up. The only place I saw any vehicle's was down by the "Blue Thunder" hanger but they seem always to be there working away.
                          Lockheed Bob

Comment

My point exactly. If you see something than at least there’s hope of attempting the record. Right now it’s doing nothing.

Comment

Heck I would be thrilled (and would go back to Reno...) with even a mostly stock Bear, but running a 3 blade prop.
                              That would get me back to the fence!
                              I miss that thump!

Comment

Working...
                              X