2017 Sport Gold Start Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Sport Gold Start Video

Not sure if I had shared this here or not. Here is the video of the Sport Gold start from the L-39 Pace. It was a less than ideal line-up as engines were turning on and off down the chute. Notice #30 drop back, then start working back up before the release. Also #6 behind him. This is just how Gold races go it seems. This was shot with my 360Fly camera, but edited to a point of view where I'm usually looking. Best viewed as HD as possible.

Unleashed Air Racing

Re: 2017 Sport Gold Start Video

Originally posted by Dudewanarace View Post
    Not sure if I had shared this here or not. Here is the video of the Sport Gold start from the L-39 Pace...

https://youtu.be/BbBg23uUlGQ
    Very cool, thank you Tom.

Comment

Tom,

Way cool, the footage when he pulled up and looking down as the field started was nice.

A perspective not scene by many.

Thanks for sharing young man.

Hans

Comment

We are looking to make sure that each racer maintains their lane down the chute. Which in this video, everyone did really well. Notice the huge gap to 4th place, he is holding his lane leaving it open for 2nd and 3rd place, as those airplanes will spool up and fill that gap pretty quickly. If he were to merge over, it gets ugly. We used to drop in behind them and follow the group to outer 4, this allowed us to check to see if anyone was diving down the chute, assessing the vertical component of the start. But, the FAA and all their wisdom, couldn't understand why the pace plane would be on the course. lol So we can't do it anymore.
        Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Dudewanarace View Post
          Not sure if I had shared this here or not. Here is the video of the Sport Gold start from the L-39 Pace. It was a less than ideal line-up as engines were turning on and off down the chute. Notice #30 drop back, then start working back up before the release. Also #6 behind him. This is just how Gold races go it seems. This was shot with my 360Fly camera, but edited to a point of view where I'm usually looking. Best viewed as HD as possible.

https://youtu.be/BbBg23uUlGQ
          Dude, you da man!
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
          X