No announcement yet.

Almost 2018, what I know for Reno 2018!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost 2018, what I know for Reno 2018!

Unlimited:
    -That LA Times article said the Wildfire team wanted to be there this year. Matt also said flight testing should happen in January. Fingers crossed...
    -Voodoo has the cowling off being worked on at POF. No idea what the plan is. Still looks like she did at Reno.
    -Strega has been getting in some photo shoots with Red Bull aircraft. Pretty cool to see. Looks as she did at Reno too.
    -No updates on PM, shooting for 2019 still. Sounds like Hot Stuff should make 2019 too.
    -TFLM Bearcat should be ready to go if they decide to race...
    -Graeme intends to do some mods to make FN faster for next year.
    -Heard/read/seen things about Rod wanting to go after Voodoo's record. Absolutely nothing on racing it.

Sport:
    -Seguin recently ferried Miss Karen II to CA for her "winter speed mods".
    -Findlay doing a lot to One Moment, going to be very competitive next year
    -Haven't seen anything on Kevin's new NXT or whatever, have seen updates on his Legacy. Lookin' good, not anytime soon though
    -And Tom has provided details on his race Legacy progress as well
    Last edited by GRNDP51; 12-18-2017, 12:10 AM.
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Almost 2018, what I know for Reno 2018!

I sure hope there's more than just those two classes that have anything going on (rolling my sarcastic eyes) in the off-season to prep for next Sept.
    Biplane Race #3

Comment

Thanks for all this information

Does anybody know if Elliot will be the pilot of Miss Karen II in 2018?
      Any update on race 33?

Any news appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by glider69 View Post
        Thanks for all this information

Does anybody know if Elliot will be the pilot of Miss Karen II in 2018?
        Any update on race 33?

Any news appreciated
        I'm not sure what Elliot might be doing, there are a lot of options in Sport, F1, or even Unlimited. Time will tell, but I can almost guarantee he will be racing something this year. Have not heard anything on Race 33, last I heard was that they planned on bringing it back in 2018 as her and MK2 needed some updates to keep them safe and competitive. MK2 is a start, waiting to see what 33 is up to
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by flyboycpa View Post
          I sure hope there's more than just those two classes that have anything going on (rolling my sarcastic eyes) in the off-season to prep for next Sept.
          I've read that there are several projects in the works for IF1 - what should we expect in Biplanes for 2018? Will Rose's new Pitts be ready?

Any new T-6s or Jets (the other classes not previously mentioned)?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post
            I've read that there are several projects in the works for IF1 - what should we expect in Biplanes for 2018? Will Rose's new Pitts be ready?

Any new T-6s or Jets (the other classes not previously mentioned)?
            Jeff is trying hard to get the Pitts done. He, Josh, and the rest of the crew started laying up the wings this week.

Comment

PRS is set to go on in June. With that, Karl Grove will be bringing his from the ground up race Legacy to PRS and race in September

This also opens up opportunity for other fast racers and new pilots to go through the sport class specific training that can only occur at PRS.
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Does anyone know anything about this project on Blue Thunder II's scoop?

Was this just a "school project"? Or is this a serious modification that they will be utilizing this September?
                Chris

Comment

Originally posted by chrs3590 View Post

Was this just a "school project"? Or is this a serious modification that they will be utilizing this September?
                  If a 3/4 scale Mustang is anything like a 100% scale Mustang, then there is a lot of ungained speed within the scoop entrance and ramp angles within... I've always wondered if they utilized any of the Mustang tricks in that area.
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                    her and MK2 needed some updates to keep them safe and competitive.
                    Any hints at what was unsafe?
                    Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
                      Any hints at what was unsafe?
                      I’m pretty sure just because it was one of the earlier Chia’d Legacy projects they want to update some stuff and make sure it’s ready to go. From what I know MK2 hasn’t had anything drastically changed since it was Chia’d. Not a bad idea to check on some stuff after flying 350+ around the pylons a handful of years in a row.
                      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                        -Strega has been getting in some photo shoots with Red Bull aircraft. Pretty cool to see. Looks as she did at Reno too.
                        Who was flying Strega? Any word on the pilot for this year?!
                        Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by chrs3590 View Post

From reading through it they were planning on test flying it and it seems like they still do... I’m thinking it’s a real deal
                          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
                            Who was flying Strega? Any word on the pilot for this year?!
                            At the time I posted this there were only ground photo shoots. But Jay was up flying yesterday, if they are coming Jay will be pilot
                            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                              If a 3/4 scale Mustang is anything like a 100% scale Mustang, then there is a lot of ungained speed within the scoop entrance and ramp angles within... I've always wondered if they utilized any of the Mustang tricks in that area.
                              Never Underestimate a 1000 motivated guys with Slide-Rules...................

Comment

Working...
                              X