Tiger Says...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Says...

"I can tell you. She is not done. She is only 72 and not ready to retire." -Tiger on Facebook

Good to hear, sponsorship is key, but I like the optimism. So being real here, say RARA doesn't increase the Unlimited purse next year, (so no Czech Mate)...

Is Bear REALLY done? Rod's gotta confirm this eventually. I can see 232 going to stock, sucks to say it but nobody would buy it if it went up for sale as a racer anyway.

Precious Metal 2019?

Furias... I was wearing VOS's Furias shirt and Eric said "That's a nice shirt there!" Of course I replied please bring her back and he countered with "That's the plan!" with a smile. One of the guys that crewed for 15 under Chuck's ownership took some pics of her a couple months back, it doesn't look like anything has "improved" since 2012. Wings are off, engine is out, none of the bent pieces look fixed. Miss M look ready to go whenever.

Tsunami, Wildfire (lol), race Yak, Red Baron II...?

Voodoo? I don't think that's over with. If it's not going to the Smithsonian, it'll be back to race Strega. I still would die to see POF restore Dago and make it their new Super Corsair.

For better or worse, the purse needs to get bigger now... Sport class looks good!

Another side note, Graeme has been posting that Reno is an addiction and he looks forward to racing against Lylia & maybe Steadfast next year
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Tiger Says...

red baron II ?someone is building another one?

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang1957 View Post
      red baron II ?someone is building another one?
      Long term plans, Muszala's
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

hmm,I wonder if it's a scratch build or rebuild a stock P-51?

Comment

hmm,I wonder if it's a scratch build or rebuild a stock P-51?
          I remember a rumor of an RB "rebuild" project that was in the hands of Bill Rogers. Last I heard they just about had all the parts and piece's. Like I said, a rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
            I remember a rumor of an RB "rebuild" project that was in the hands of Bill Rogers. Last I heard they just about had all the parts and piece's. Like I said, a rumor.
            I asked Brad on Facebook what/where the pieces are and he said there's not too much left, but enough to get going in the hands of the Muszala's. To answer Mustang, it'll most likely be scratch built, think of what they're doing with Tsunami, building the plane around the pieces they have left. After finishing up Shanty Irish, Pacific Fighters looks pretty empty, I know that their company makes money restoring planes for people rather than making their own race planes, but maybe we will see some minor progress similar to the Tsunami rebuild. Muszala II is a very nice guy and loves the sport, I can see him taking a liking to having his own gold contender as I think Stevo might want to do eventually too. I don't want to talk too much about RB2 as it's just a rumor, but maybe I'll reach out to him and see if there's any relevant plans to start planning or design of the new airframe.
            Last edited by GRNDP51; 10-10-2017, 01:13 PM.
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I thought I would add onto this by asking about the ownership of TFLM's fleet. Lewis' fleet is all owned by billionaire Rod so it's self-explanatory. TFLM has a large fleet, are all the aircraft owned by someone or by TFLM itself? What are the chances of those guys having a fast racer? Riff Raff? Maybe even putting the Bearcat around the sticks when Ezell finishes it up...
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Timing couldn't have been more perfect with this thread, Muszala II just posted some Facebook pics of the last "large" parts left of the Red Baron, most of what's left is all in Idaho now
                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

most of red baron's crash parts were used to build stock warbird "wee willy II".about future surprises---when will shockwave and wildfire finally arrive?

Comment

most of red baron's crash parts were used to build stock warbird "wee willy II".about future surprises---when will shockwave and wildfire finally arrive?
                    I don't think that anything went from RB to Wee Willy? Think it's just the dataplate...
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

hmm,I thought I heard somewhere it was.maybe someone can verify this? update----just looked on mustang registry,you are correct,just the Id # was used.
                      Last edited by Mustang1957; 10-10-2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                        "I can tell you. She is not done. She is only 72 and not ready to retire." -Tiger on Facebook
                        Great to hear Strega will be back! There is a neat interview with Jay over at AOPA: https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/...ts/hangar-talk
                        Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                          Timing couldn't have been more perfect with this thread, Muszala II just posted some Facebook pics of the last "large" parts left of the Red Baron, most of what's left is all in Idaho now
                          A wonderful surprise, that post! Even a "spare" set of windscreen and canopy glazing. Some very excited folks in the comments including Bill Rogers!
                          Last edited by ZacYates; 10-10-2017, 08:31 PM.
                          Zac in NZ

Comment

Thought I would add that the main driver of the Tsunami rebuild says that the plan is to race it when it's complete
                            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I'm 58 so not in my lifetime.
                              Chris...

Comment

Working...
                              X