Aero Magic #43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aero Magic #43

Anyone have any old photos or Aero Magic from the Jon Sharp days?
    Thanks
    Tom

Re: Aero Magic #43

I have some -- all the way back to "Bilbo", but I don't think they're handy. I'll have a quick look around, but may not get to it before I head South in a couple of weeks.

Neal

Comment

Thanks Neal.

Comment

Still Hoping to find some old color pics of #43.
        Thanks.

Comment

Hey Tom,
          WOW! A blast form the past! Aero Magic went through a lot of "color" changes. While it was Bilbo, it was cubish yellow and blue. Then as team member Paul Mitchell, being the artist he was/is, wanted to dress it up. So Bilbo went through it's phase of really cool colors, of carmel, silver, and and, and then fades from one to another. It was cool!, but tough to work on...Enter Don Sanford of "Aero Mag" the engine builder, along with the guru Jack Jonno Wells. So Don got a letter addressed to his Mag shop in care of Aero Magic. Don suggested we give Bilbo the Aero Magic name. And so it was. We changed everything to white with black trim. That was seen and was easier to deal with for mods. Simple white, touch ups. And there was a lot of mods during those Aero Magic days. So for Neal and any others, what phase are you seeking? And might have some around, but Neal is the MAN!
          Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon,
            I was hoping to find some pics o fAero Magic in the silver stages. I have one Eddie found with scallops and a blueish trim.
            Tom

Comment

Attached is a copy of a Formula Forum from May/June 2000 profiling Jon Sharp which has some colored photos by the Forum Editor of time Mr. Bill Rogers of Race #43 as Bilbo and Aero Magic.
              Last edited by if1fan; 02-22-2018, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by if1fan View Post
                Attached is a copy of a Formula Forum from May/June 2000 profiling Jon Sharp which has some colored photos by the Forum Editor of time Mr. Bill Rogers of Race #43 as Bilbo and Aero Magic.
                Here is one from 1983

Shawn
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks,

Comment

cant find the attachment?

Comment

It seems that my attachment did not work. High-light and click on the link below that should direct you to the newsletter:

If that doesn’t work, lookup the the May/June 2000 Formula Forum under active newsletters listing on the International Formula One website at:

Comment

It seems that my attachment did not work. High-light and click on the link below that should direct you to the newsletter:

If that doesn’t work, lookup the the May/June 2000 Formula Forum under active newsletters listing on the International Formula One website at:

http://www.if1airracing.com
                        Thanks for fixing the link.

Comment

THANK YOU IF1FAN for the trip down memory lane! WOW! BLAST from the past. Love the Pics, and narrative along with it. Them's the good old days, of plaid shirts with "customized" $5 bike helmets, for flight duds..... Again Thank you, good to see all of that again!

Jon and Patricia Sharp

Comment

Working...
                          X