Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sunday Unlimited Gold Video

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
    Great video! You can see how much more rudder work Jay did really well.
    I had to search this thread cause I wanted to see this Vimeo again. I gotta disagree with you here. Steve's rudder is so much better. Jay just had the better motor all week. If you watch Jay's turns, many times the nose is pointing up, not enough rudder. He is also late in getting his wing up for turns, evidenced by not holding that wing up slightly in the straights, thus holding his line. And, if you really notice, he is simply all over the place as far as any line is concerned. One more thing... That second to last lap, he cut inside Steve going past 6, which is considered a no no. This forced Steve low and gave Jay a clear shot over traffic. Dicey move and it gave him a win.

Comment

Don't forget That was Jays 1st time & Stevo did it more than once. Strega all the way. Voodoo has many of Strega's mods.
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

I'm not forgetting. And I admire both planes and pilots. And it was a great race. Just noting that it sure wasn't the rudder work that won Jay the race.

Comment

Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post
          I'm not forgetting. And I admire both planes and pilots. And it was a great race. Just noting that it sure wasn't the rudder work that won Jay the race.
          Thanks for bringing this thread to the front. Somehow I missed this when it was first posted?.

What a great race, very good camera work young man. Kept them both in the frame. I added this to my Vimeo Aviation folder.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 08-02-2021, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
            Thanks for bringing this thread to the front. Somehow I missed this when not was first posted?.

What a great race, very good camera work young man. Kept them both in the frame. I added this to my Vimeo Aviation folder.

You're quite welcome! I didn't take the video, just remembered it being very well done. So thanks, Bill Garnett, for letting me see that final pass once more.

Comment

Stevo stayed in the lead the first several laps because of his smooth line and piloting skills. In contrast, Strega was all over the sky from start to finish but clearly was the faster airplane that day.

GP

Comment

Working...
              X