Reno 2017... Post your Pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reno 2017... Post your Pics!

There's some very talented photographers on here. Makes it nice to tie us over till the following Sept. Thanks to all for posting some beautiful pictures.
    Brian

Comment

A few more.

Happy Holidays,
      Will

Comment

A couple of mine from the east end of the boxes.

The first shows one of those blasted PA speakers under attack.... :-P

Kenny
        Last edited by arcticrail; 12-28-2017, 04:21 PM. Reason: Better image presentation...

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post

Or, in color...

Will
          The b&w shot is quite possibly my favourite aviation pic I have ever seen.

Comment

Many thanks to all for posting pictures here! Not being able to go this year, this thread helps me keep the juices flowing...

And GOOD WORK ALL!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Cavalier View Post
              The b&w shot is quite possibly my favourite aviation pic I have ever seen.
              Wow, that is quite the compliment, especially knowing the pics that have been posted here on the site over the past years. Thank you.

I've printed the b/w shot out on a 40x30 (I think, can't remember, its huge.) canvas, its pretty cool. I've also got essentially the same shot but done at 1/60 sec shutter speed. Its 98% as sharp, but The prop blur is a full disk. As cool of a shot it is, I like the slightly faster shutter speed one a little more.

I'm getting close to having ally my Reno shots done. I'll be sure to post the full album here when finished.

Will

Comment

Wow, that is quite the compliment, especially knowing the pics that have been posted here on the site over the past years. Thank you.

I've printed the b/w shot out on a 40x30 (I think, can't remember, its huge.) canvas, its pretty cool. I've also got essentially the same shot but done at 1/60 sec shutter speed. Its 98% as sharp, but The prop blur is a full disk. As cool of a shot it is, I like the slightly faster shutter speed one a little more.

I'm getting close to having ally my Reno shots done. I'll be sure to post the full album here when finished.

Will
                I think what sets it off for me is the dark cloud streaks that look like contrails coming off the wings. Makes it look like it's going 600 mph. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavalier View Post
                  I think what sets it off for me is the dark cloud streaks that look like contrails coming off the wings. Makes it look like it's going 600 mph. Love it.
                  How about this one?

I was also able to make a Wildcat look like it was going 500 mph.

Will

Comment

How about this one?

I was also able to make a Wildcat look like it was going 500 mph.

Will
                    Like that one too. The Wildcat is awesome.

Comment

Finally, after 6 months, I have my Reno 2017 Album done. Enjoy.
                      I came up early on Wednesday to shoot from the Fenceline on the western edge of the course for the final day of qualifying. The day wore on and an afternoon thunderstorm rolled in offering some spectacular shots from the ramp that evening. Thursday started clear, but clouds formed overhead as the day went along offering a nice backdrop other than clear blue sky. Friday morning was amazing. The clouds from the non storm the night before hadn't cleared out, and made for a perfect backdrop to shoot a few jets on the ramp that morning. I was lucky enough to be drawn to shoot form Pylon 4 Friday afternoon. Its amazing to shoot from there, but hands down the hardest place to shoot from since you can't track the planes approaching since you are kinda down in a ravine. Friday evening saw some amazing sunset shots from the ramp. Saturday I shot from the pylons in the morning, and then headed up the hill to my usual spot. That evening I was able to arrange a photo shoot with Dusty Dowd's freshly restored P51A Mustang "Shanty Irish" All the photographers at Reno had been trying to set this up and had been shot down every time. I managed to make it happen. Sunday offered lots of good racing and the end of an era. The final Unlimited race for Bob Button's P-51 Voodoo. All in all, a great 4 days of shooting. Sorry my pics are kinda out of order, I was shooting on two cameras and when it came to putting everything together, it was a mess.

Will

Comment

Finally, after 6 months, I have my Reno 2017 Album done. Enjoy.
                        I came up early on Wednesday to shoot from the Fenceline on the western edge of the course for the final day of qualifying. The day wore on and an afternoon thunderstorm rolled in offering some spectacular shots from the ramp that evening. Thursday started clear, but clouds formed overhead as the day went along offering a nice backdrop other than clear blue sky. Friday morning was amazing. The clouds from the non storm the night before hadn't cleared out, and made for a perfect backdrop to shoot a few jets on the ramp that morning. I was lucky enough to be drawn to shoot form Pylon 4 Friday afternoon. Its amazing to shoot from there, but hands down the hardest place to shoot from since you can't track the planes approaching since you are kinda down in a ravine. Friday evening saw some amazing sunset shots from the ramp. Saturday I shot from the pylons in the morning, and then headed up the hill to my usual spot. That evening I was able to arrange a photo shoot with Dusty Dowd's freshly restored P51A Mustang "Shanty Irish" All the photographers at Reno had been trying to set this up and had been shot down every time. I managed to make it happen. Sunday offered lots of good racing and the end of an era. The final Unlimited race for Bob Button's P-51 Voodoo. All in all, a great 4 days of shooting. Sorry my pics are kinda out of order, I was shooting on two cameras and when it came to putting everything together, it was a mess.

Will
                        Holy Smokes!!! Very nice collection! Never going to complain how long that took to edit.
                        Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Great Job. Those photos will take me to Sept. & then some.
                          Lockheed Bob

Comment

Great Pics, especially the lightening ones. Thanks for sharing.
                            Brian

Comment

Working...
                            X