Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reno Air Races Full Noise 9-16-17

Default Re: Reno Air Races Full Noise 9-16-17

Nice shot Florian.

I'm sure it cost a lot more just to get to Reno for Full Noise than it did for any other team. Maybe getting into the Gold will help get sponsorship to do it again next year. The fact that they disassembled an airplane, shipped it across the Pacific Ocean, reassembled it, flew to Reno, won the UNL Silver, bumped up to the UNL Gold, finished it and flew back to Chino to disassemble it and ship it back home so they can fly it some more is pretty unbelievable. If this is a one time bucket list item and they have no intention of returning it doesn't matter, it's a piece of Reno history now, something that people will talk about for many years. I'm impressed, that was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by knot4u View Post
    I'm sure it cost a lot more just to get to Reno for Full Noise than it did for any other team. Maybe getting into the Gold will help get sponsorship to do it again next year. The fact that they disassembled an airplane, shipped it across the Pacific Ocean, reassembled it, flew to Reno, won the UNL Silver, bumped up to the UNL Gold, finished it and flew back to Chino to disassemble it and ship it back home so they can fly it some more is pretty unbelievable. If this is a one time bucket list item and they have no intention of returning it doesn't matter, it's a piece of Reno history now, something that people will talk about for many years. I'm impressed, that was awesome!

Full Noise had my vote for the most compelling story at Reno. Kinda reminds me of two legendary clichéd and boastful quotes...

"Because we can" and "Only in America"

Quote Originally Posted by N22252 View Post
    Full Noise had my vote for that most compelling story at Reno. Kinda reminds me of two legendary clichéd and boastful quotes...

"Because we can" and "Only in America"
    My thoughts exactly.
    Last edited by Mathieu Baudry; 09-25-2017 at 11:03 PM.
    Man, I love this place. Now I want to read about ausopen. It goes without saying.