Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reno Air Races Full Noise 9-16-17

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    Already back at Chino, but going to be shipped home to give rides and see her fans
    Thanks for the feedback. Makes sense, plus that should create more NZ fans for Reno in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
      Thanks for the feedback. Makes sense, plus that should create more NZ fans for Reno in 2018.

Hey, enough rides and they can pay for a full race Yak for 2018!
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
        Last place Gold gets more money than first place silver.
        Yes the last place gold check is bigger, plus the prestige of racing in the gold. Given the choice would one rather win the silver with the smaller check or come in last, get lapped twice for a larger check in the gold? Being this was their first time racing at Reno, possibly a different choice in 2018 on bumping up?

I am looking forward to seeing Full Noise next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Plane Nuts View Post
          Yes the last place gold check is bigger, plus the prestige of racing in the gold. Given the choice would one rather win the silver with the smaller check or come in last, get lapped twice for a larger check in the gold? Being this was their first time racing at Reno, possibly a different choice in 2018 on bumping up?

I am looking forward to seeing Full Noise next year.
          Good Question. Just for the fun of it someone should do a AAFO pole on this question, be interesting to see where we stand on this?

Based on the money difference, does anyone know the prize money?

Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-20-2017, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Departure to Chino on Monday noon (the ferry pilot was flying, I talked to him before but I can't remember to his name).
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice shot Florian.

Comment

I'm sure it cost a lot more just to get to Reno for Full Noise than it did for any other team. Maybe getting into the Gold will help get sponsorship to do it again next year. The fact that they disassembled an airplane, shipped it across the Pacific Ocean, reassembled it, flew to Reno, won the UNL Silver, bumped up to the UNL Gold, finished it and flew back to Chino to disassemble it and ship it back home so they can fly it some more is pretty unbelievable. If this is a one time bucket list item and they have no intention of returning it doesn't matter, it's a piece of Reno history now, something that people will talk about for many years. I'm impressed, that was awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by knot4u View Post
                  I'm sure it cost a lot more just to get to Reno for Full Noise than it did for any other team. Maybe getting into the Gold will help get sponsorship to do it again next year. The fact that they disassembled an airplane, shipped it across the Pacific Ocean, reassembled it, flew to Reno, won the UNL Silver, bumped up to the UNL Gold, finished it and flew back to Chino to disassemble it and ship it back home so they can fly it some more is pretty unbelievable. If this is a one time bucket list item and they have no intention of returning it doesn't matter, it's a piece of Reno history now, something that people will talk about for many years. I'm impressed, that was awesome!

Full Noise had my vote for the most compelling story at Reno. Kinda reminds me of two legendary clichéd and boastful quotes...

"Because we can" and "Only in America"

Comment

Originally posted by N22252 View Post
                    Full Noise had my vote for that most compelling story at Reno. Kinda reminds me of two legendary clichéd and boastful quotes...

"Because we can" and "Only in America"
                    My thoughts exactly.
                    Last edited by Mathieu Baudry; 09-25-2017, 11:03 PM.
                    Man, I love this place. Now I want to read about ausopen. It goes without saying.

Comment

Working...
                    X