Reno Air Races Full Noise 9-16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno Air Races Full Noise 9-16-17

For all the Full Noise fans. Sorry they are straight off the camera and no editing.

Full Noise and team has gotten a lot of fans here.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-16-2017, 06:18 PM.

Re: Reno Air Races Full Noise 9-16-17

I really like the T-shirts they are wearing with the All Blacks style front. Good luck tomorrow...

Comment

Regarding the T-shirts, does anyone know if they have some for sale somewhere at the event?

My daughter-in-law is looking for a Full Noise shirt and has not been able to fine one.

-Wade

Comment

Awesome pics D-D I know the aviation community here in NZ have been talking all week of Graeme's trek to Reno and how these guys have performed... I would LOVE to get a Shirt too!
        race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

I asked Graeme on Facebook about merch before they left and he said they hadn't thought about it. Hopefully that changes soon - I want one too!

Thanks heaps for the photos, DD!
          Zac in NZ

Comment

Originally posted by kiwiracefan View Post
            Awesome pics D-D I know the aviation community here in NZ have been talking all week of Graeme's trek to Reno and how these guys have performed... I would LOVE to get a Shirt too!
            I've been keeping my eyes on Full Noise as well. I've thought for a long time that a Yak with a race motor is the way to go! A smaller canopy, and clean up the airframe a little bit would really make a great racer! I heard the announcer say that Full Noise is using a faster Yak-11 wing also.

Race 29
            Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

The small yak sounded very healthy yesterday: https://youtu.be/r6VVdc5NroU

Comment

Kudos to Full Noise. Could someone explain as the silver heat winner do they get bumped up to gold automatically or is it by choice? My thought is Full Noise would have had a good chance at the silver trophy on Sunday. It appears Full Noise has a large fan base in Section 3.

Comment

Congrats to Team Full Noise. What an absolutely impressive rookie campaign. That little Yak certainly showed some speed and Graeme showed some serious skill. That silver heat on Saturday was really impressive. One of the best race runs of the week. I certainly look forward to seeing them again.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Plane Nuts View Post
                    Kudos to Full Noise. Could someone explain as the silver heat winner do they get bumped up to gold automatically or is it by choice? My thought is Full Noise would have had a good chance at the silver trophy on Sunday. It appears Full Noise has a large fan base in Section 3.
                    By choice, why go all the way to Reno and take Silver when you can make the Gold
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                      By choice, why go all the way to Reno and take Silver when you can make the Gold
                      I think that was Graeme's thinking. I've been a fan of his Yak for years and it was amazing to see it in the Gold!

By the way: did the announcing team ever tell the crowd that Full Noise used to belong to Tiger from '96 til '97, then went to James Nezgoda with whom it had an accident at Reno in 1999? I'm sure some of the old hands will remember it: https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/view/1235442
                      Last edited by ZacYates; 09-19-2017, 09:35 PM.
                      Zac in NZ

Comment

I sure hope they come back! Friendly blokes, different aircraft type, fast: sure added to the air races

Comment

Question

Will they ship Full Noise back home, or leave it in Reno or Chino?

Comment

Originally posted by Plane Nuts View Post
                            Last place Gold gets more money than first place silver.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                              Question

Will they ship Full Noise back home, or leave it in Reno or Chino?
                              Already back at Chino, but going to be shipped home to give rides and see her fans
                              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                              X