Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Reno Air Race Live Streaming Link HERE!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Reno Air Race Live Streaming

Originally posted by tjyak50 View Post
    is it me or is the video part of the feed down?
    Go easy on 'em guys, I've been involved with live streaming for years, sat in my hotel monitoring it one year on Sunday for Live AirShow TV!

Trust me, it ain't easy!!!!!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: 2017 Reno Air Race Live Streaming Link HERE!

This live stream has the potential to greatly increase attendance over the years.

I have watched some of the races and the camera person caught some up-close racing action that surely would inspire people that like racing to want to come here and experience the action/sounds first hand.

One suggestion - I have is a split screen whenever the announcers are talking about racers passing the home pylon. The camera person was catching some good action out on the course and the announcers were talking about the racers passing home pylon.

Second suggestion - The announcers must have a scanner close-by, they need to adjust the squelch a bit :-)

Third suggestion - When the planes are coming down the shoot, turn off the announcers and crank up the race control feed. This by the way will be appreciated by the grandstand crowd as well!

Other than this, thank you RARA, you guys and gals are taking this event in the right direction.

Thank you.
      Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-16-2017, 07:46 AM. Reason: typo. :-(

Comment

Watched this mornings first unlimited and sport plane races on the live feed. Looks like they have synced the camera shots and announcers commentary. Now they are switching back to the home pylon shot more frequently to at least match the commentary.

The unlimited race had some nice 3-4 plane groupings at the last pylons. Can't wait to see what our pros captured.

The sport race had similar groupings.

Comment

Re: 2017 Reno Air Race Live Streaming

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
          Go easy on 'em guys, I've been involved with live streaming for years, sat in my hotel monitoring it one year on Sunday for Live AirShow TV!

Trust me, it ain't easy!!!!!

Personally, I'm happy with what we have this year! Like many of you, I can't make it to Reno during the weekend right now. The livestream keeps me in front of the computer (or the 4K TV!) all weekend! I seriously appreciate the effort it takes to pull this off! Some of the folks that have been on AAFO for years will remember just a short time ago when there was no livestream, or lots of freezes in the broadcast. I'll take this livestream anyday!!Thank you RARA!

Race 29
          Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

that start time for 4:35pm is that EST? nothing on right now.

Comment

I'm greatly appreciative of the livestream too. Instead of waiting for a magazine or photos I can watch it happen? Wonderful!

Unlimited Gold start is 4.15PST according to RARA's site, here's the schedule the put on Facebook earlier:
              Untitled by Zac Yates, on Flickr
              Zac in NZ

Comment

good day mate and thanks.

Comment

Zac in NZ

Comment

Working...
                  X