Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reno 2017 "Inventory" Check! So Far....

Default Re: Reno 2017 "Inventory" Check! So Far....

If Reno had the ramp space that Oshkosh has I can promise you the numbers would be fantastic. Considering that RARA basically says don't bring your planes to display, I think the turn out is pretty stellar. The largest airshow gathering in the world can only get 12 D model's together? Lol slacking much? I'm just playing, I've been to Oshkosh once and Reno 17 soon to be 18 times so there's a little preference as you can tell.
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '17

Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    The Red Baron II rumors also floating around...
    Okay, this I HAVE to hear more about!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    If Reno had the ramp space that Oshkosh has I can promise you the numbers would be fantastic. Considering that RARA basically says don't bring your planes to display, I think the turn out is pretty stellar. The largest airshow gathering in the world can only get 12 D model's together? Lol slacking much? I'm just playing, I've been to Oshkosh once and Reno 17 soon to be 18 times so there's a little preference as you can tell.
    I could only think of a dozen at the time, there were actually 16 for sure now that I think about it -two of which were B/C models.

I'm at 24 to 1 the other way so there is preference on my side as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ZacYates View Post
    Jim Harley dropped some hints in a thread here (that I can't find ATM) that the Muszala's have interest in creating a Red Baron II, but it would need some serious funding.

Not to get too much into the rumor mill... But Shanty Irish's pilot is John Muszala II of Pacific Fighters in Idaho. He's a very qualified pilot and is obviously getting into Unlimited racing. His father John Muszala was one of the pilots for RB and after the wreck of course the registration went to Wee Willy, but the Muszala's have a lot of the pieces to get RB2 started. I say a lot, but if you know what the wreck looked like then just think about what "a lot" could mean. With the money, interest, sponsorship and time it may be on the horizon. JM2 is up for it, and this being his first year racing should be a good indicator of his interest in making a full-bred racer again
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '17

Thanks guys, that's fascinating.

Thanks guys, that's fascinating.

I have long dreamed for a fantasy drag race between PM, RB, and MA2

Still miss you Mr Levitz!

Oshkosh is the holy grail on my bucket list, but ya don't see a Musttang scream in' along at 480+ in Wisconsin. LONG LIVE RENO!

Quote Originally Posted by V1670 View Post
    Oshkosh is the holy grail on my bucket list, but ya don't see a Musttang scream in' along at 480+ in Wisconsin. LONG LIVE RENO!
    Sometimes we do, but it usually involves A LOT of empty beer cans!

Having done both events (Oshkosh just once), the big difference for me is that unless you have access to a photo plane at Oshkosh the photography is much better at Reno. For me Oshkosh was actually too big with too many airplanes and the crowds were truly daunting. Oshkosh was great fun, especially as I was there with a featured airplane crew, but I was quite disappointed with my photographic results. Lots of pretty airplane pictures but nothing that stood out for me. I remember some of Connor's shots from Oshkosh 2016 that were great, but I can't say the same for mine.

Neal