Lurking AT Stead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lurking AT Stead

While out at Stead on Saturday I noticed the following going on. 1. Nothing happening at the "Bear" cave. 2. Work being done on a couple of F1 planes in the hanger. 3. Various "Thunder" Mustangs being worked on in the hanger. John Parker has been up several times. 4. Eddie Van Fossen's T-6 "Miss TNT" (new owner) sans the original race engine is tied down on the ramp with the canopy cover on. It is in front of the T-6 hanger. 5. GA stands still going up. All else is quiet.
    Lockheed Bob

Re: Lurking AT Stead

Thanks for the "Live Update", Bob. I'll be there 09Sep 1600. Maybe I'll swing by the T6 pits to say "Hello" before things get crazy for me.

Safe travels one and all...Race On!
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
      While out at Stead on Saturday I noticed the following going on. 1. Nothing happening at the "Bear" cave. 2. Work being done on a couple of F1 planes in the hanger. 3. Various "Thunder" Mustangs being worked on in the hanger. John Parker has been up several times. 4. Eddie Van Fossen's T-6 "Miss TNT" (new owner) sans the original race engine is tied down on the ramp with the canopy cover on. It is in front of the T-6 hanger. 5. GA stands still going up. All else is quiet.
      Interesting that Woelbing already has his T-6 there thanks for the updates!
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
        Interesting that Woelbing already has his T-6 there thanks for the updates!
        Thanks for posting the schedule on your site. Forgot to look before I left for Reno on Friday. Is there a tribute to Bob Hoover on Saturday at 11:00 am?

Comment

I was out to Stead on Sunday & it is still smoky & hot but expected to change this week. Lots of fires still in the area(not close) with several firefighting jets & single turbo planes taking off & coming back to get more to drop. A fire near Topaz Lake had HWY 395 closed both ways but open now. Some F1s practicing, Thunder Mustang running up & they did move the Rare Bare Semi-Trailer in front of the Bear Cave but no activity. Another T6 (no race #) parked next to "Miss TNT" but no activity. Stands are all up along with some Vendor tents & of course rows of Sani-Huts. Amazing how it all comes together. It is like when Barnum & Bailey Circus came to town. Parts of Lemmon Valley is still a lake with lots of unhappy people. Reno Local TV are running ads with some air race promo videos. Everything is going to be OK.
          Lockheed Bob

Comment

One of my wife's swim students gauges how close the races are by when the Sani-Huts arrive. He was pretty excited yesterday she said!
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Today.
              Attached Files
              You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                Today.
                Soooo about Blue 2..?
                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I asked John where his motor was. He said, "missing." So I asked if they were going to get one on there. He said they will try and make something happen. He wasn't very talkative.

Comment

I asked John where his motor was. He said, "missing." So I asked if they were going to get one on there. He said they will try and make something happen. He wasn't very talkative.
                    That's strange I thought they had everything very well laid out this year. Everything seemed better than normal at PRS.
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                      That's strange I thought they had everything very well laid out this year. Everything seemed better than normal at PRS.
                      They are running a new oil filter setup that's is supposed to be much less restrictive. I hope that didn't cause something bad to happen.

Here's a pic from last week.
                      Attached Files

Comment

They are running a new oil filter setup that's is supposed to be much less restrictive. I hope that didn't cause something bad to happen.

Here's a pic from last week.
                        That is so unfortunate! They have had other problems with oil over the years... one year it was foaming.. wonder if this was an attempt at solving that issue that went wrong? John and I don't talk much any more, he's a tough nut to crack sometimes
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                        X