Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you think the chances are that Voodoo will break the record??

Default Re: What do you think the chances are that Voodoo will break the record??

I believe Lyle had to make 6 passes. Which is a pretty big difference in my book.

Default Re: What do you think the chances are that Voodoo will break the record??

Only 4 consecutive were required, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
    Only 4 consecutive were required, however.
    Six passes were required, the fastest four out of the six were averaged to establish the result.

Quote Originally Posted by knot4u View Post
    Six passes were required, the fastest four out of the six were averaged to establish the result.
    You are incorrect, only 4 passes were required in 1989. 6 passes would be the equivalent of over 10 laps at reno

I have been basing the 6 passes on info from John Slack, which may have been incorrect per info in the other thread.

This is a silly dispute and I apologize for my part in it!

Voodoo is great! Steve-o is great! Lyle Shelton will always be a legend!

Go FAST!

According to the Pursuit FB page, the engine is assembled and tests today with an attempt tomorrow. Good news!

Just for Nostalgia...this is in Krakow in the back corner of the Polish Aviation Museum. Hopefully this works, just switched to Imgur.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjibus View Post
    I have been basing the 6 passes on info from John Slack, which may have been incorrect per info in the other thread.

This is a silly dispute and I apologize for my part in it!

Voodoo is great! Steve-o is great! Lyle Shelton will always be a legend!

Go FAST!
    Yes, I have no idea where the heck the six passes came from. I got it in my head years ago.
    John Slack

Cool Re: What do you think the chances are that Voodoo will break the record??

Quote Originally Posted by supercub View Post
    Form an article about the 2013 races : Piloted by Steve Hinton Jr., Button’s pride and joy topped out at 502 mph during the eight-lap championships race on Sept. 14, averaging 487 mph while flying mostly within 200 feet of the ground.
    That's why I put +/- 500 mph.
    I had him on the clock for that too. 1/2 lap though.........
    "Lighten Up Francis....."

Quote Originally Posted by boomtown View Post
    I had him on the clock for that too. 1/2 lap though.........
    Hey, if we are counting the half laps, I think Mike Brown holds that record at 510 or something like that.....