Voodoo's Record/Reno Engine(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voodoo's Record/Reno Engine(s)

It's somewhat known that Team Voodoo has 2 race prepared Merlin's currently at their disposable.

Of course this is not stuff that the team is just going to go out and say, but from previous record runs, etc., what is the process behind the engines and the record run?

I imagine that they're currently breaking in the race-ready engine #1 and that is the engine that will be used come Sunday. Say they don't get a fast enough speed, or more likely the reason for an unsuccessful run, blow the engine, would #2 be put in, broken in, and try the record again? IS #2 for parts in case something breaks?

Perfect world they break the record with engine #1, qualify with that engine and race with #2.

Thoughts..? Is Voodoo the first plane to attempt/break this record with 2 engines? Dago? Red Baron?
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Voodoo's Record/Reno Engine(s)

I may very well be wrong since I have no firsthand knowledge at all, but I believe Red Baron had an engine change during their attempt. I think I've seen a video documenting it.

Comment

Originally posted by brendenpavao View Post
      I may very well be wrong since I have no firsthand knowledge at all, but I believe Red Baron had an engine change during their attempt. I think I've seen a video documenting it.
      You are correct, it's well documented in this video.

Comment

The word from Bernie Vasquez was that if they still have an engine after the speed record attempt, they'll be at Reno.
        Last edited by CJAM427; 08-27-2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

The Bearcat busted the record and won Reno on the same engine. That's remarkable!!
          "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

They have two.

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
              The word from Bernie Vasquez was that if they still have an engine after the speed record attempt, they'll be at Reno.
              maybe he meant if they don't have to use both race motors for the record run they'll be at Reno?

Comment

Originally posted by badman View Post
                maybe he meant if they don't have to use both race motors for the record run they'll be at Reno?
                That's my guess...

Comment

Did Vintage V-12's do the engine for the record attempt or is it in house by the Voodoo crew?
                  Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
                    Did Vintage V-12's do the engine for the record attempt or is it in house by the Voodoo crew?
                    Jose built them.

Comment

Working...
                    X