Record attempt news ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Record attempt news ??

Just checked the weather at Challis ID, currently 70 degrees, clear, calm winds, forecast to a high of 92 degrees, sound like good weather for the attempt. Go get em Steveo

Comment

On site sources say 4pm is the target time.

Comment

From Pursuit Aviations' facebook page: Tune in this afternoon for a Facebook Live broadcast of the attempt! ✈️ #PursuitAviation

Comment

Who's going to be the first on HangerTalk to post the results????

Comment

pacing around watching
            remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Originally posted by Box A35 View Post
              From Pursuit Aviations' facebook page: Tune in this afternoon for a Facebook Live broadcast of the attempt! ✈️ #PursuitAviation
              Do you have a link?

Comment

Originally posted by knot4u View Post
                Do you have a link?
                Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                remember the Oogahonk!

Comment

I tried that. My Facebook Kung Fu is non existent and I see no option for a live feed.

Comment

I tried that. My Facebook Kung Fu is non existent and I see no option for a live feed.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                      I'll second that! I've made the board *somewhat* hard to join due to the proliferation of SPAMMERS who join forums, then send a barrage of SPAM messages via whatever means the board admin makes available to them... to stop that, I've set up where new members have to click on a link, then their first posts are moderated.. once one of the moderators (always looking for good mods by the way) or myself sees the nature of the post and it's related, not SPAM, they get welcomed in and all new messages show right up..

It's a tightrope though! If I'm not watching and someone really good signs up and does not see their initial posts, they might say screwit and leave!! So again, always looking for good LEVEL HEADED moderators!!

WELCOME TO THE HANGAR!!!!
                      Wayne, willing to help moderate if you think I'm up to it, but with all I've got going on at the moment I don't get to spend as much time here as I'd like to. But AAFO is where I got hooked up with Phil and Kelly and Knotty Girl, so if that's how I pat it forward, so be it.
                      Russ
                      Knotty Girl Crew

Comment

From the Pursuit Aviation FB page at 5:55 mdt

UPDATE: Due to current conditions the World Record attempt will be delayed until tomorrow. We will let everyone know in the morning about tomorrow afternoon's attempt and the live feed.

Comment

Called off! Marilyn Dash just posted on the Voodoo fb page, try again tomorrow
                          remember the Oogahonk!

Comment

Originally posted by Lon Moer View Post
                            Called off! Marilyn Dash just posted on the Voodoo fb page, try again tomorrow
                            Thank you guys.

See ya all here tomorrow

Comment

Just wanted to ask a question. There has been a lot of talk about Voodoo racing at Reno if the engine is still in good enough shape after the record attempt..or at least that is how I am understanding it. I don't want to get flamed for this, but I seem to have read that when the Red Baron crashed at Reno, it was using the same engine that it used to set the record. Do I remember it wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Rigby View Post
                                Just wanted to ask a question. There has been a lot of talk about Voodoo racing at Reno if the engine is still in good enough shape after the record attempt..or at least that is how I am understanding it. I don't want to get flamed for this, but I seem to have read that when the Red Baron crashed at Reno, it was using the same engine that it used to set the record. Do I remember it wrong?
                                It definitely could be, but remember that engines fail at Reno all the time, mayday and land safely. RB crashed because the contra-rotating props caused too much drag to make the runway... Much different.
                                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                                X