Record attempt news ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Record attempt news ??

Can a smart person explain what is going on with that wing. I could guess but, that would be a waste of everyone's time.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

I'm guessing the pic was taken when they were mating the wing to the fuselage?

Comment

I thought something was up with the wing, then I realized the black piece is probably a rubber mat laid down on the wing while on the ground to protect the paint from getting scuffed by feet.

Comment

The wing airfoil has been modified to increase the critical Mach number. Because of this modification, I understand Voodoo will not be at Reno this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 1:1 Scale View Post
            I'm guessing the pic was taken when they were mating the wing to the fuselage?
            That's a rubber mat laying on the wing making it look like there is a gas between the wing root fairing and the top surface of the wing. Took me a few looks to figure out what I was seeing too.

Comment

Originally posted by georgiacub View Post
              The wing airfoil has been modified to increase the critical Mach number. Because of this modification, I understand Voodoo will not be at Reno this year.
              The team has stated they will be at Reno if they still have an engine left after the attempt. However, it may not be all that competitive after the mods.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                The team has stated they will be at Reno if they still have an engine left after the attempt. However, it may not be all that competitive after the mods.
                A very well placed source has told me otherwise. The reason being, there is concern the modifications to the wing won't hold up under the race course "G" forces and crack and peal away. This would lead to unknown flight characteristics.

Comment

Looks like tomorrow is the day.

Comment

Originally posted by georgiacub View Post
                    A very well placed source has told me otherwise. The reason being, there is concern the modifications to the wing won't hold up under the race course "G" forces and crack and peal away. This would lead to unknown flight characteristics.
                    I had heard this as well, but Bernie Vasquez said they would be there if they had an engine after the record attempt. We'll just have to wait and see if they show up.

Comment

If there wasn't some "attempt" at making Reno I don't see why they would've even entered. This record project had to have been in the works since last September at the latest. Why even register if the plane isn't good for the course..?
                      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                        If there wasn't some "attempt" at making Reno I don't see why they would've even entered. This record project had to have been in the works since last September at the latest. Why even register if the plane isn't good for the course..?
                        I'm sure if there is a positive record attempt they'll attend. I would be happy just to see Voodoo in the pits with the record painted on. Really good for our sport to have a racer/warbird attempt a record.

Go Team Voodoo Go

Last edited by Desertdawg; 08-26-2017, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                          I'm sure if there is a positive record attempt they'll attend. I would be happy just to see VooDoo in the pits with the record painted on. Really good for our sport to have a racer/warbird attempt a record.

Go Team VooDoo Go

I agree 100%! Of course we all want it to race but I really want to see it in person at the very least
                          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Sounds like tomorrow!

SHOTOVER F1, SHOTOVER, Pursuit Aviation, Aviation, Jet, Gimbal, Gyro Stabilized, World Record, Steve Hinton Jr, Event, Aerial Filming, Aerial Cinematography

Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                              Nice first post. It's always nice when someone comes out of shadows and joins in on discussions.

Welcome on board.

I'll second that! I've made the board *somewhat* hard to join due to the proliferation of SPAMMERS who join forums, then send a barrage of SPAM messages via whatever means the board admin makes available to them... to stop that, I've set up where new members have to click on a link, then their first posts are moderated.. once one of the moderators (always looking for good mods by the way) or myself sees the nature of the post and it's related, not SPAM, they get welcomed in and all new messages show right up..

It's a tightrope though! If I'm not watching and someone really good signs up and does not see their initial posts, they might say screwit and leave!! So again, always looking for good LEVEL HEADED moderators!!

WELCOME TO THE HANGAR!!!!
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Good luck team Voodoo with the attempt From the Netherlands
                                Last edited by MerlinV12; 08-26-2017, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X