New wing for Voodoo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New wing for Voodoo?

On Voodoo's fan site is reported that the sponsor had made LIDAR design analysis and they built a new wing. What means "new"? Other airfoil with completely new designed ribs and skin, or maybe the (higher Mach number) P-51 H airfoil?

Please correct me, but from outside what I understand this is a too huge undertaking for Unlimited racers, isn't it?
    I think clipped (stock) wings, modify wing incidence, new wingtips and smooth surface as possible are the main modifications made as example on Voodoo or Strega?

Thanks
    Gibbs
    Last edited by Gibbs; 08-21-2017, 12:04 PM.

Re: New wing for Voodoo?

Originally posted by Gibbs View Post
    On Voodoo's fan site is reported that the sponsor had made LIDAR design analysis and they built a new wing. What means "new"? Other airfoil with completely new designed ribs and skin, or maybe the (higher Mach number) P-51 H airfoil?

Please correct me, but from outside what I understand this is a too huge undertaking for Unlimited racers, isn't it?
    I think clipped (stock) wings, modify wing incidence, new wingtips and smooth surface as possible are the main modifications made as example on Voodoo or Strega?

Thanks
    Gibbs
    From what I understand it was re-profiled (Airfoil changed) using some kind of foam.

Comment

I'll leave this right here

73K views, 1.8K likes, 353 loves, 248 comments, 1K shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Planes of Fame Air Museum: Turn up the sound and wait for it...
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

^^^Helllllll yaaaaaaa!
        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

That is sweet!
          Random Air Blog

Comment

Wonder what it will sound like when the power is up.
            No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
            http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
              From what I understand it was re-profiled (Airfoil changed) using some kind of foam.
              Ahh.... yep!
              And what is with typical P-51 wing entanglement if teams are clipping their wings?

stock P-51 D:
              wing incidence is about +1 degree at root
              and about -1 degree at tip (wingspan 37 ft)

Comment

Working...
              X