Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: RACERS ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,638

    Default Re: RACERS ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by flyingjibus View Post
    looks Like Pete Z found another Vampire?
    He said last year there was another airframe they were going to bring... Pete is a SUPER nice guy and we wish him well this year! GO Z!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Manitowoc, WI
    Posts
    539

    Default Re: RACERS ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!

    Here's a quote straight from Dusty as to why he won't be there with his Yak:

    RAIN EVERY DAY HERE. FIELDS FLOODED AND WEEDS GROWING LIKE……..WEEDS. THE FARMERS CAN’T GET IN THE FIELDS WITH TRACTORS OR GROUND SPRAY RIGS, SO THE AIRPLANES ARE THE ONLY HOPE TO GET THE GROUND READY FOR FALL WHEAT PLANTING. I HAVEN’T HAD A DAY OFF IN THREE MONTHS AND I’M GETTIN’ KINDA TIRED AT TIMES……… IT’S KILLING ME NOT TAKING THE YAK

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Portland, Or
    Posts
    1,163

    Default Re: RACERS ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    He said last year there was another airframe they were going to bring... Pete is a SUPER nice guy and we wish him well this year! GO Z!
    One of my favorites!!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,361

    Default Re: RACERS ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CJAM427 View Post
    Here's a quote straight from Dusty as to why he won't be there with his Yak:

    RAIN EVERY DAY HERE. FIELDS FLOODED AND WEEDS GROWING LIKE……..WEEDS. THE FARMERS CAN’T GET IN THE FIELDS WITH TRACTORS OR GROUND SPRAY RIGS, SO THE AIRPLANES ARE THE ONLY HOPE TO GET THE GROUND READY FOR FALL WHEAT PLANTING. I HAVEN’T HAD A DAY OFF IN THREE MONTHS AND I’M GETTIN’ KINDA TIRED AT TIMES……… IT’S KILLING ME NOT TAKING THE YAK
    Guess you were right I was hoping to see Dusty in the gold this year
    *My Air Race Site*

    Reno from '99 to '17

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Manitowoc, WI
    Posts
    539

    Default Re: RACERS ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    Guess you were right I was hoping to see Dusty in the gold this year
    I was too!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: RACERS ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!

    Damn Weeds!

  7. #27

    Default Re: RACERS ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!

    Is Steve Senegal – Endeavor really going to show?
    New wing or repaired old one?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Napa Ca
    Posts
    1,003

    Default Re: RACERS ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    Guess you were right I was hoping to see Dusty in the gold this year
    I'm bummed here as well. On the upside however, killing grasshoppers funds go fast mods for next year. It also helps with offsetting the cost of the A model rebuild.

    I look forward to seeing what the New Zealand Yak can do. Also great to see that Pete Z will be back in another Vampire. I'd love to see two Vampires in the winner circle this year.

    All in all, despite Rare Bear, 232, and Precious Metal not racing, I think it will still be a great week of racing.

    Will

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,635

    Default Re: RACERS ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hotel Sierra View Post
    Is Steve Senegal – Endeavor really going to show?
    New wing or repaired old one?
    I assume it has to be a new wing. The way the original wing was constructed, spar damage cannnot be repaired safely.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,361

    Default Re: RACERS ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    I'm bummed here as well. On the upside however, killing grasshoppers funds go fast mods for next year. It also helps with offsetting the cost of the A model rebuild.

    I look forward to seeing what the New Zealand Yak can do. Also great to see that Pete Z will be back in another Vampire. I'd love to see two Vampires in the winner circle this year.

    All in all, despite Rare Bear, 232, and Precious Metal not racing, I think it will still be a great week of racing.

    Will
    Very true about the speed mods! Lol. And the A model is supposedly Shanty Irish with LJ. It'll be gorgeous and should be done in time for Reno the way they're working on it
    *My Air Race Site*

    Reno from '99 to '17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •