Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any update on 232

Default Re: Any update on 232

Quote Originally Posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
    I think Rod Lewis is still going thru the divorce litigation?
    I believe it was already finalized.

At this point it's not the divorce. Why spend money to lose?? Done.

Rod used to come here to "lurk" a bit from time to time, may still for all I know... I'd hate to see someone who has done so much for the sport since he became a participant come here and see his personal life dragged around so let's try to keep the discussion *directly* related to the sport...

Speculation is fine but I think some folks wonder why we don't get as many players coming by these days...

Important to always think of the person you are writing about on these forums as sitting right beside you reading what you type....

Carry on.....
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

If he (RL) is not going to race either one, what is he going to do with them?
    September I could see being turned back to original, but the Bear? That thing simply CANNOT be turned back to original. I mean, I'm sure it could but wouldn't that be a slap in the face of aviation history in general?
    Last edited by Fence Sence; 08-06-2017 at 03:52 PM.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

The Bear more than likely will go to the NASM.

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    With yet another F8F that should still be turning the pylons. That'll be the day.
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '17

Does this mean no airplanes from Rod Lewis (spitfire and such)? I am glad for the first time in many years I have decided to just come Saturday and Sunday. I like to go and still will for the other Races at Reno but my heart is always with the Unlimiteds.

Great Warbird shows at Planes of Fame and Paul Allen's Museum in Washington. Also try Mr. Yagen's in the East, although they fly pretty far away compared to the other two. If you go to England for sure do Duxfords Air Show. Thanks, KC

Quote Originally Posted by KAHNZILLA View Post
    Does this mean no airplanes from Rod Lewis (spitfire and such)? I am glad for the first time in many years I have decided to just come Saturday and Sunday. I like to go and still will for the other Races at Reno but my heart is always with the Unlimiteds.

Great Warbird shows at Planes of Fame and Paul Allen's Museum in Washington. Also try Mr. Yagen's in the East, although they fly pretty far away compared to the other two. If you go to England for sure do Duxfords Air Show. Thanks, KC

The Spitfire and a few others are still coming. They are from the Texas Flying Legends which is not connected with Rod. Completely different organization.

Thanks RACE5 my mistake, I thought earlier this year it was Rod Lewis who was bringing the Aircraft. Anyway it will be good to see a Spitfire on the pylons. Thanks, KC

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    I believe there was some conversation along these lines while Mr. Shelton still owned the plane. Foggy memory intrudes, but I think the upshot was the NASM already has a famous racing bearcat and doesn't really need another. I for one would like to see the next rich guy with a sudden passion for racing buy the plane and get it back on the winner's podium where it belongs.