Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RARA throws some HOT fly-by's onto the list...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RARA throws some HOT fly-by's onto the list...

I just checked the performers section of their site, U-2, B-1, and B-2 fly-by's listed depending on availability

Seeing all of the Oshkosh vids of the BONE and never seen one fly before.... Hopefully it'll happen.

Props RARA

*Should also note check the update statics...
    Last edited by GRNDP51; 08-02-2017, 08:55 PM.
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: RARA throws some HOT fly-by's onto the list...

sounds good

Comment

Ahh, the old days, when the SR-71 would make a pass or two "on final approach to Beale" as the announcers would say..

Several years ago (I think in the 90's) there was a B-1 "demo" several passes. They were making a big deal of the fact that it was flown by the first female Bone pilot. On the last pass she pulled up steep and rolled it past 90 (or so it seemed) as she climbed out, kinda peeking into the little clouds that were there. On the video we took you can hear the whole crowd chanting "ROLL IT, ROLL IT".

It will be very cool for them to bring some of these surprise visits back!
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Right on. I love that hot fly-by action. I'll take a couple of those passes over any aerobatic performance any day.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Now if they could add a warbird act or two (he Sanders smokewinder, a P-38, etc.) all would be right with the world.
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

I remember seeing a white bellied B-1 (A?) over the Sierra in the early '80s. First and last time I've seen one fly. I've never seen the B-2. Very exciting to have these sorts of flybys return.

Maybe we can get a car drop too.

Comment

Originally posted by tim View Post
              I've never seen the B-2. Very exciting to have these sorts of flybys return.

The B-2 is impressive. Saw it years ago when it made a low pass at the start of the Rose Parade in Pasadena. That thing is BIG...

I'm hoping RARA can convince the CAF to bring Fifi back out, and have her run the unlimited course.
              Mark Johnson
              Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Texas Flying Legends, some good military stuff. lots of races.
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by MustangFan View Post
                  The B-2 is impressive. Saw it years ago when it made a low pass at the start of the Rose Parade in Pasadena. That thing is BIG...

I'm hoping RARA can convince the CAF to bring Fifi back out, and have her run the unlimited course.
                  Who do you think is going to pick up the tab for FiFi to come to Reno?,not RARA.They learned years ago how expensive fueling,hotels,and rental cars was to bring her out.Not as much as Blue Angels or Thunderbirds,but very expensive.

Comment

The Bone and the U2 seem to have been quietly dropped from both the planning calendar and the performers page. The B-2 is still listed on performers.

Any news here? Are they needed on the other side of the pacific these days?

Comment

The Bone and the U2 seem to have been quietly dropped from both the planning calendar and the performers page. The B-2 is still listed on performers.

Any news here? Are they needed on the other side of the pacific these days?
                      They've updated the schedule multiple times with different things. I think the only way to be sure is wait until the day of... but yea as of now it's the B-2 on Sunday. They also took the Falcon demo off leaving just the Honda Jet. Looks like the Canadian's are sending some Hornets too
                      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Over the many years (42)I have come to expect that the schedule is very flexible and you cannot count on anything happening on time. The demo/race/show starts when the aircraft are in the air! Keeps it interesting.
                        airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                          Over the many years (42)I have come to expect that the schedule is very flexible and you cannot count on anything happening on time. The demo/race/show starts when the aircraft are in the air! Keeps it interesting.
                          Surprise fly by's have always been a highlight for me. agree 100%!

Comment

We've had Stealth Fighters show, 's, B-1's. One year they came on and said "while we have a break we're gonna let this guy make just one pass" and an R-71 went by low and fast. Last one I ever saw before they retired.
                            Last edited by Leo; 09-06-2017, 04:32 PM.
                            airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

I've never seen the B-2. Very exciting to have these sorts of flybys return.

Perhaps combine the two? Precision B-2 strike using some unfortunate's double-parked wagon as ordnance
                              Zac in NZ

Comment

Working...
                              X