Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BANG!

Default Re: BANG!

Take it from a 30 year air race fan, We love you Wayne! Your blog is the Only source of information for many of us. I will proudly wear my AAFO hat at Reno again this year and at the NAHI even in Sacramento the week prior. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. Please keep it up.

I think you hit it pretty square on Wayne.
    I am more interested in what is actually going on and what has happened (the history of Air Racing) than what might be, or what someone's opinion of might be is. Sometimes a little fun speculation is cool but people take it way to seriously.
    Like you I have been privy to a lot of information the last few years about what is happening behind the scenes but I don't post it anywhere anymore. I don't want to be "that guy" A lot of times the source does not want things known by the general public. On the other side of that some really knowledgeable crew members get flamed when their statement about what is going on does not fit someone's agenda.
    It's the backlash of the electronic communication age, where rumor and innuendo are considered fact and posters are full of false courage brought on by anonymity and distance. It's the same reason I did not last long on facebook.
    I am glad you keep this going Wayne, just wish a little that it could be back like it was at the beginning, interested people trading facts, history and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    I think you hit it pretty square on Wayne.
    I am more interested in what is actually going on and what has happened (the history of Air Racing) than what might be, or what someone's opinion of might be is. Sometimes a little fun speculation is cool but people take it way to seriously.
    Like you I have been privy to a lot of information the last few years about what is happening behind the scenes but I don't post it anywhere anymore. I don't want to be "that guy" A lot of times the source does not want things known by the general public. On the other side of that some really knowledgeable crew members get flamed when their statement about what is going on does not fit someone's agenda.
    It's the backlash of the electronic communication age, where rumor and innuendo are considered fact and posters are full of false courage brought on by anonymity and distance. It's the same reason I did not last long on facebook.
    I am glad you keep this going Wayne, just wish a little that it could be back like it was at the beginning, interested people trading facts, history and ideas.
    Wayne & Leo,

Contribution/discuss on this wonderful site does not need to stop, this site is one of the few I visit daily. The stuff discussed here is top shelf and interesting.

Requiring complete profiles to play helps. As for the key board cowboys/trolls, thats life in our age. No different than the know-it-all drunk at the bar :-)

If someone comes off as a jerk I just avoid reading their posts, just like the drunk at the bar - just walk away. :-)

There needs to be a effort here to get all the past players interested in being part off this site.

Wayne, hold your head high young man, you started something special here.

Get your swagger back in your step and lets go.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 07-28-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Absolutely LOVE the wealth of information and history that this site provides!
    Yes, every year we wait with gleeful anticipation of any tidbit
    Of what may appear on the ramp. But the depth of knowledge on
    any aircraft past and present is greatly appreciated by this
    ramp-rat. Keep it going Wayne! See y'all in 6 weeks

I would like to express my gratitude to you Wayne for giving us a "sandbox" to play in. Back in the late seventies information was Inflight, Pacific Flyer and Air Classics, all wonderful publications but for me that was about it. If something is happening, it usually ends up on this site.
    Steve

To Wayne and everyone else here:

I found this site after the Friday race on 9/15/2003 and have been a member here ever since. That Friday was my very first time to Reno and since that day, I have been a die hard air race fan!!!

Like many others here, this is one of the few sites I visit daily, and during that day, I visit at least 6-8 times per day. This site has been THE ONLY ONE I come to in order get updates, read conversation, and see what else is going on. At the time I joined, I searched the interwebs for ANY air race source I could find. Between this site and the other one (which no longer exists), this is the only I look forward to visiting each day!

Wayne, you have provided a place for us fans, crew, pilots, and others to come and enjoy & share their love for air racing! Without this site, I would simply be lost!!!

The Constitution, which our Military members fight and die to uphold, grants us certain liberties and free speech is one of them. Each and every one of us are entitled to our opinions, and like someone said, sometimes those opinions piss in the Cheerios of others. Sometimes, this causes the internet tough guy to come out and voice their opinions; sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.

You have provided us an outlet to share our opinions regarding this truly awesome and one-of-a-kind sport. I enjoy reading everything posted and like others have stated, I read more than I post. While I do have a family connection to a certain unlimited, I am not bias towards anyone or any plane. Of course I have my favorites, but what these pilots and owners do to bring their planes Reno every year is a miracle and I thank them, in my own way, every year.

I may not agree with what everyone has to say, but I enjoy reading what they post, and I feels it adds to the overall discussion. THANK YOU everyone for posting what you do!!!

There was a time where I wasn't in a good financial position to support this site, but thankfully, times have been good for me and my family. I will do whatever I can to help support this amazing site to ensure it stays around for the future so my kids can enjoy my love for this amazing sport.

Thank you Wayne!!! And thank you to everyone else!
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Desertdawg View Post
    Wayne & Leo,

Contribution/discuss on this wonderful site does not need to stop, this site is one of the few I visit daily. The stuff discussed here is top shelf and interesting.

Requiring complete profiles to play helps. As for the key board cowboys/trolls, thats life in our age. No different than the know-it-all drunk at the bar :-)

If someone comes off as a jerk I just avoid reading their posts, just like the drunk at the bar - just walk away. :-)

There needs to be a effort here to get all the past players interested in being part off this site.

Wayne, hold your head high young man, you started something special here.

Get your swagger back in your step and lets go.

Spot on! If you think it gets bad around here, try logging on to wakeworld.com. Talk about trolls. This place is nothing compaired to that chitshow.

Like most members here, I usually visit every day. It's the one place I can go to read intelligent comments on a subject that is actually cool.

Get back in there and fight, man!

Oh ya, I still got those critical mass parts for ya.
    Last edited by Fence Sence; 07-30-2017 at 08:04 AM.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

I thought Facebook would be the answer when traffic on this site slowed. But I find very little interesting discussion of a techinical nature there. Just photos and likes, and where people are going for dinner. I really miss the days when guys like Bruce Lockwood or Matt Jackson would post here and discuss what really makes these machines go. The secrecy in this sport has always bothered me. I understand teams don't want to show there cards to their competition. But there's a lot of very interesting stuff that goes on that we as fans never hear about. And this sport needs all the fans it can get. At least AAFO and the other sites gave us access to some of it.

I love to know what's going on but I really like to be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    Sport class? All I get is "wait and find out"...
    How about we start a new thread and I'll tell you everything I know. It is hard for me to sit down and think what to write when I don't know what others might be interested in. Questions lead to answers which I'll be happy to share if I know the answer.