BUMMER!: Can't Make RENO This Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUMMER!: Can't Make RENO This Year

Cancer: the gift that just keeps.... well, giving you a bad time!

I DO NOT have cancer again, however, I have to start a treatment plan to counteract after effects of my cancer treatment in '04...

Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy, two months, five days a week, 2-3 hours a DAY.... this is almost worse than cancer treatment! At least, it only took about 15-20 minutes a day, along with one day each of the two months spent in chemo...

I guess I'm being pretty ungrateful even whining a little about having to do something now but, geez....

Problem is, if I don't do this, I'm likely to lose all teeth in my lower jaw, and eventually, maybe even the jawbone itself!

Bottom line, unless I can scrape up the bux to fly down on Friday night, back on Sunday evening.... I'm just not going to be able to pull it off this time.

I'm bummed, but.. I might be able to get some new "teeth" implanted in this whole process and I'll finally have something to chew with again!

Off to my bedroom to feel sorry for myself.....
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: BUMMER!: Can't Make RENO This Year

Sorry Wayne. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Racer View Post
      Sorry Wayne. Prayers for a speedy recovery.
      I'm actually fine! In better shape than years.. I've been really active the past 7-8 months, eating right... some stuff, ya just gotta leave to the xperts! Timing, however, is always, everything!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I'm sorry Wayne- thank you for this site and I wish you good health!

Comment

Wayne,
          Take care of your health brother. See you in 2018 at NCAR!

Cheers,

Frank C.

Comment

Wayne, wish you the best in dealing with this procedure and looking forward to seeing you next year. Your presence will be missed this year along with your commentary.
            Thank you for all of your efforts to make this site possible.
            God bless you
            Donald

Comment

Kick some ass and take names, Wayne! Best wishes and in the event you aren't at Reno in body, you'll be there is spirit with all of us!

May the best organism win!!!
              Owen Ashurst
              Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
              http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Wayne, let me know ahead of time if you manage to get plane tix, I should be able to find you a place to stay with the team.

$$

Comment

Originally posted by bikenutty View Post
                  Wayne, let me know ahead of time if you manage to get plane tix, I should be able to find you a place to stay with the team.

$$
                  Thanks man, I appreciate the offer, I think it's going to be pretty impossilble.. My co-pays on this treatment thing are going to be huge!

I will check on cheap air fare, however and see what I can do.. I'd love to get down for the weekend if possible! Leaving on Sunday after the event would be something new!
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                  X