Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vlado Lenoch

Default Vlado Lenoch

Default Re: Vlado Lenoch

Vlado was a very special human being, very sad day.......
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Very sad day.

Sad Sad. Blue Skies to both souls in the plane. Thoughts & prayers to all involved. Things like this just shouldn't happen.
    Lockheed Bob

They kept a space for him in the Warbird section at Oshkosh.

And the Warbird Heritage Flight honored him, too.

remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds

Were the patches available for sale.

I met Vlado about 5 years ago. He had a blue nose Mustang he kept at the Lewis University Airport in Romeoville, IL. The airport is right next to our office, and one day when I was coming into work I saw him preflighting his plane. I drove out and parked next to the hanger and walked up and introduced myself. He was very friendly and he put my phone number in his contacts and said he'd call me if I wanted to go for a ride (his Mustang was a 2 seater). About 2 weeks later he called me, and unfortunately, I was out at one of our airports so I couldn't leave (we have several airports in IL with equipment that I maintain). He said he would be flying in about 2 hours, but I couldn't go because I was in the middle of doing some maintenance. He never called me again. I just recently found out about the crash and the news just made me sick...RIP Mr. Lenoch...

Quote Originally Posted by grampi View Post
    I met Vlado about 5 years ago. He had a blue nose Mustang he kept at the Lewis University Airport in Romeoville, IL. The airport is right next to our office, and one day when I was coming into work I saw him preflighting his plane. I drove out and parked next to the hanger and walked up and introduced myself. He was very friendly and he put my phone number in his contacts and said he'd call me if I wanted to go for a ride (his Mustang was a 2 seater). About 2 weeks later he called me, and unfortunately, I was out at one of our airports so I couldn't leave (we have several airports in IL with equipment that I maintain). He said he would be flying in about 2 hours, but I couldn't go because I was in the middle of doing some maintenance. He never called me again. I just recently found out about the crash and the news just made me sick...RIP Mr. Lenoch...
    Your post reminded me of just exactly how generous Vlado was when it came to sharing the experience of flying in that Mustang!

I've run out of fingers......
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Gonna miss that guy...
    Mark K....