RARA CEO steps down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RARA CEO steps down

Reno, Nev. – The Reno Air Racing Association (RARA) Board of Directors this afternoon issued the following statement:

“Micheal Crowell, President and CEO of the Reno Air Racing Association, informed the Board of Directors today that he has resigned his position, effective immediately. Crowell, who has held his post for the last two and a half years, is stepping down to focus on his wife’s health. We are thankful to Mike for his hard work and dedication to continuing this one-of-a-kind event.

“While we conduct a search for a new CEO, Joey Scolari, CEO of Scolari’s Markets and a board member, will serve as interim CEO. Joey will work with RARA staff, including new COO Tony Logoteta, to continue planning for the 54thNational Championship Air Races in September.”

Re: RARA CEO steps down

I, for one, believe that if you love air racing you owe a huge debt of gratitude to Mike C., John Agather, Terry Matter, Joey Scalari and the entire BoD. The past decade has been challenging on so many levels. The BoD and under Mike C.'s leadership has managed to bring RARA back from the brink and chart a course that promises many more years of successful racing.

As with most "turn-arounds" in the corporate world it required difficult and at times painful decisions. Not every decision made turned out as planned, which is also part of the process. That said, there is no question that without the leadership of Mike C. and the BoD, RARA would likely not have survived...and this board would have gone dark.

I'm confident the BoD will conduct a detailed and robust search for a new CEO and RARA will continue to move forward...owing its success to Mike Crowell in large measure.

Wish all the best for your family...and thank you, sir.
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
      I, for one, believe that if you love air racing you owe a huge debt of gratitude to Mike C., John Agather, Terry Matter, Joey Scalari and the entire BoD. The past decade has been challenging on so many levels. The BoD and under Mike C.'s leadership has managed to bring RARA back from the brink and chart a course that promises many more years of successful racing.

As with most "turn-arounds" in the corporate world it required difficult and at times painful decisions. Not every decision made turned out as planned, which is also part of the process. That said, there is no question that without the leadership of Mike C. and the BoD, RARA would likely not have survived...and this board would have gone dark.

I'm confident the BoD will conduct a detailed and robust search for a new CEO and RARA will continue to move forward...owing its success to Mike Crowell in large measure.

Wish all the best for your family...and thank you, sir.
      Amen Brother! Prayers for his wife's speedy recovery!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Sorry to hear his wife is not doing well and wish her a speedy recovery! I think Mike did a great job with the races.
        Random Air Blog

Comment

Thanks Mike & the BOD for saving the Air Races. Prayers & Thoughts to family & friends of Mikes wife.
          Lockheed Bob

Comment

I thank him for guiding air racing through some rocky times and hope the best for him.

It sounds like he has a good grasp of what matters.

Comment

Working...
            X