Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RARA Will Host MultiGP Drone Racing League National Championship During Race Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RARA Will Host MultiGP Drone Racing League National Championship During Race Week

RARA announces a new event during race week.

Re: RARA Will Host MultiGP Drone Racing League National Championship During Race Week

That's one hell of a lot of competitors.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Re: RARA Will Host MultiGP Drone Racing League National Championship During Race Week

Comment

I mean... if it brings people in the gates...
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          If this is the stuff I've seen on TV where they race with vision goggles, it's pretty cool!

I have two quads, both pretty small, I only wish someone would make a controller that worked the same as real aircraft controls.. I've never been able to coordinate with the little sticks.

This could be a very cool addition and it gets a LOT MORE EYES looking at our sport.. Kudos to RARA for getting this one done!

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Would a 400mph RC jet considered a "drone"?

I mean, my dad's experience with drones means he defines a drone as something like the regulus missiles he flew in hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by IcePaq View Post
              Would a 400mph RC jet considered a "drone"?
              I think the language has adopted "drone" as anything flying with four rotors or more...

In my old school mind, a drone is something that is autonomous... it "hangs around" drone... some humans fit the description... LOL..

Got to quit tweeting mid morning... oh shirt.. that's directive to someone else..

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                I mean... if it brings people in the gates...
                You gotta figure that at least half of the competitors are going to have at least one other person with them. From the stuff I've seen on tv some have their whole families with them. It could expose a huge group to the races. As we all know, being there in person is the only way to truly appreciate the Air Races. All those people are going to tell their friends about it and so on and so on. I think it's smart move on RARA's part.

Comment

I think they mean remote control racing, because to be a drone, it must be autonomous.

This is a drone.

This is a drone...

This is not a drone. There is someone at the controls making it do its thing.

Rolls eyes and shakes head...

Still, clever way to get people through the gates.

Will
                  Attached Files

Comment

You gotta hand it to RARA; at least they are thinking outside the box on ways to add to the total package that is Reno Air Racing. By adding new and different events, they are potentially bringing a whole new set of eyes to the sport of air racing. Yeah, its not an unlimited or a sport or any other type of plane that races, but RARA is looking at ways to add to the total attendance package and for that, I applaud them!
                    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

I'd like to think RARA is about speed.

A super tight course might as well be synchronized swimming or rhythmic gymnastics or drifting.

Comment

Originally posted by IcePaq View Post
                        I'd like to think RARA is about speed.

A super tight course might as well be synchronized swimming or rhythmic gymnastics or drifting.
                        I'd like to think my bank account is all about giving me money but it's not quite that simple now is it?

How is flying an r/c aircraft through a super tight course as fast as possible against other competitors anything like swimming or gymnastics or drifting? Seriously. I'd really like you to explain. I don't see any similarities. Do you not understand the word "racing"? Now, aerobatic displays I could see the correlation but throwing "racing" in there changes the entire game. They are not scored on tricks or precision maneuvers. First to the line wins as long as they stay in the course. Kinda sounds like air racing to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X