Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a tough one... Blue Skies: Gary Thompson

This IS tough.

For those of you who don't know him... http://aafo.com/goose/gary-1.htm This man was almost completely responsible for getting this website off the ground in 1997. He was involved with the start up of more than one important museum, including the Spruce Goose Museum. He had connections, which he shared, that birthed this website with our first two important stories. He made us look like we had spent a million on this site to get going, when all we had was energy and the support of good friends.

I'll write more as I digest this loss. This man was my mentor, my friend..

Without him, there, likely, would be no AAFO.COM...

Blue Skies: Gary Thompson

You WILL be missed my friend!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: This is a tough one... Blue Skies: Gary Thompson

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    This IS tough.

For those of you who don't know him... http://aafo.com/goose/gary-1.htm This man was almost completely responsible for getting this website off the ground in 1997. He was involved with the start up of more than one important museum, including the Spruce Goose Museum. He had connections, which he shared, that birthed this website with our first two important stories. He made us look like we had spent a million on this site to get going, when all we had was energy and the support of good friends.

I'll write more as I digest this loss. This man was my mentor, my friend..

Without him, there, likely, would be no AAFO.COM...

Blue Skies: Gary Thompson

You WILL be missed my friend!
    Sorry to hear this Wayne, sorry for your loss. This site is responsible for me meeting so many of my air race family friends .
    Russ
    Knotty Girl Crew

Comment

Re: This is a tough one... Blue Skies: Gary Thompson

Originally posted by 3dWrightBrother View Post
      Sorry to hear this Wayne, sorry for your loss. This site is responsible for me meeting so many of my air race family friends .
      Russ
      I'll share the entire story some day... there were some really amazing paths that crossed with my meeting of Gary Thompson... and the sharing of the Miss Ashley II "spy" shots we were given way back in the beginning.. there was another Gary in the story and the blocks fit together so brilliantly, as I look back, it's almost unreal!

Thanks for noticing my post, Gary was an amazing person.... I appreciate your comment
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
      X