SERVER TOOK A NAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SERVER TOOK A NAP

At about 0600 hours, the server power supply decided to go byebye.. I noticed at 0900 and put in a TT at the data center... previous outages of the server have been rectified within minutes of notification by the DC techs... this time, unfortunately, after several attempts to reboot, the power supply was diagnosed. From the time the DC crew were notified, till we were back on line was less than a half hour.. UNFORTUNATELY, it took the original tech guys several hours to finally notify the guys on the floor..

DC system has been owned by a number of smaller entities and always had EXCELLENT service, actually, better than.. now that IBM owns it... not so sure.. may be looking for new home.

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: SERVER TOOK A NAP

Appreciate the update, Wayne! Had me worried there for a bit yesterday!

Comment

Re: SERVER TOOK A NAP

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
      Appreciate the update, Wayne! Had me worried there for a bit yesterday!
      I don't have an actual "will" but I'll probably die (SOMEDAY!) with a few dollars in my pension, my beneficiary has my instruction to perpetuate the server payments... Unfortunately, the "ink and paper" of today is not forever. I feel a distinct responsibility to save the digital archives that have been uploaded and contributed to this site.

I think my donate button is down at the moment, but I'd not discourage anyone from giving it a shot to see if it works!

LOL!

</end ad hock fund drive >

Thanks to everyone who visits here!

I think we're going to have an absolutely AMAZING RENO 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
      X