Planes of Fame Airshow Petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planes of Fame Airshow Petition

There's a lawsuit out against Planes of Fame by the Yanks Air Museum, Flying Tigers Aviation, SOCAL MRO, and Zangeneh Aeronautics to stop the upcoming airshow.

Please sign the petition here:

Re: Planes of Fame Airshow Petition

PLEASE SIGN, This airshow does nothing but promote aviation. I can't believe any business at Chino Airport is concerned about the loss of revenue during one weekend, when the Airshow has such a positive impact on so many people. The result quite often lead to many furthering their interests in aviation in one form or another. These interests eventually impact aviation businesses in the way of cash flow. How can they not see this.

Comment

Just signed with this comment:
      I've been wanting to bring my 6 year old son to the show for a couple of years, but scheduling conflicts have prevented that from happening. THIS IS THE YEAR. He has a tremendous interest in WWII airplanes and history, and this is the BEST opportunity to get him exposure to living history on the west coast. I was also planning to take him to Yanks, so SHUTTING DOWN the show will represent LOST REVENUE for them, as well as any fuel services on the field, since we will be flying down.

Comment

Originally posted by 1:1 Scale View Post
        Just signed with this comment:
        Excellent! I'm in the same boat, I've always wanted to go and this is the year that everything lines up perfectly. I'm even bringing my grandpa and uncle. We were going to visit Yanks on Friday as well, but not anymore!

Comment

I've been to the Yanks Museum several times and it is a very nice museum with some beautiful airplanes. However, I will find it difficult to support them in the future if they don't drop this lawsuit.

Comment

I have made preliminary plans to go to the show this year. And I was planning to visit the Yanks Museum. I would think the airshow would be a win win for everyone at the airport.

Comment

Has anyone really seen the lawsuit as the petition was posted on April Fools Day? Just wondering with all the noise about fake news. It really doesn't make any sense but in this day & age what does? Time for a cool one.
              Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                Has anyone really seen the lawsuit as the petition was posted on April Fools Day? Just wondering with all the noise about fake news. It really doesn't make any sense but in this day & age what does? Time for a cool one.
                About as real as it gets. I took time to read the whole thing over the weekend.
                Attached Files

Comment

"Jury Trial Demanded"? I volunteer for the jury!

Comment

Signed right when I saw it.

I hope they go under and all those planes that should be flying get repossessed by someone who will actually fly them.

It's sad that they have a Hellcat, 2 P-47's, P-63 and P-39 that are practically airworthy but never fly. I've never liked them, but really HATE that museum now
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I just signed the petition. I hope to attend one of these POF shows!
                      Not sure what the motive is of the originators of the lawsuit?
                      It seems to me they too would benefit HUGE from this show?

I have a good friend that owns a hanger and runs his business out of it at Stead Field.
                      He has stated that the NCAR disrupts their quiet little airport for one week a year, and there are pains that come with it.
                      But he hopes NCAR continues there at Stead Field. The event brings LOTS of exposure to his business!

Comment

Originally posted by WARPT View Post
                        I just signed the petition. I hope to attend one of these POF shows!
                        Not sure what the motive is of the originators of the lawsuit?
                        It seems to me they too would benefit HUGE from this show?

I have a good friend that owns a hanger and runs his business out of it at Stead Field.
                        He has stated that the NCAR disrupts their quiet little airport for one week a year, and there are pains that come with it.
                        But he hopes NCAR continues there at Stead Field. The event brings LOTS of exposure to his business!
                        I was thinking the same thing. Sure it's a disruption, but heck, it's a big event that draws a lot of people.

The Chino whiners, should embrace it, and learn how to benefit from it. All the advertising dollars in the world would not get them the foot traffic/exposure that a POF event brings to their door steps.

They could have booths to sell stuff, open doors for tours/meet and greet, sell memberships?, photo ops, sell food & beverages, offer shuttle services. This should a a time to enjoy a change of pace for them and their employees to mingle with the crowds.

Comment

Have you guys figured out whether or not this is simply an

April One thing?
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Oh Carp!

I think I missed the cheek bulge in everyone's posts..

Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                              Oh Carp!

I think I missed the cheek bulge in everyone's posts..

Wayne, 3:28am???

Did you spike your Ensure or something

Comment

Working...
                              X