Air race noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air race noise

Hi everyone. I'm planning to attend the Red Bull race in San Diego and I'm taking my two year old twins. What's the noise from the airplanes like? Will my kids be scared of the noise? They already don't like vacuums and hair dryers. Thanks in advance.

Re: Air race noise

Originally posted by Dfront21 View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm planning to attend the Red Bull race in San Diego and I'm taking my two year old twins. What's the noise from the airplanes like? Will my kids be scared of the noise? They already don't like vacuums and hair dryers. Thanks in advance.
    Vacuums and hair dryers should scare any normal children, but airplane noise is an entirely different thing.

That said, I started taking my son to Reno just short of his third birthday, and at the tender age of seven in 2003 red bull air racing came to Reno. Like it was yesterday I remember him looking up at me on a picture perfect Saturday and saying "Dad, what are these jackoffs talking about, this isn't racing, this is seriously screwed up. I'd rather watch the SAAB driving team"

I knew I'd gotten off to a good start.

Comment

Laughed so hard made me spit out my chew.

Comment

Much will depend on where you're sitting. Remember, these are high-performance, single-engine, propeller driven aircraft being operated near their limits, over water. Given your little ones issues with household appliance I'd recommend taking hearing protection of some sort (plugs or headsets). If they're reluctant to wear them, and they don't like the noise otherwise, there's your answer.

Hope it works out for you. Enjoy the show.

And as Tim opines below....this ain't air racing...it's aerobatics around large phallics where pilot "get off" within sixty seconds...or less!
        Owen Ashurst
        Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
        http://airbossone.com/

Comment

LOL I knew this thread would be pretty funny

I'm going to RBAR in San Diego too only because I live down here and uhhh it's airplanes!!!!

Counting down the days til September...
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Noise? Certainly you folks meant Flying Music. Noise would be NASCAR and those ape man v8s. There is nothing that makes my day here in the Sacramento area more than the sound of various aircraft flitting about. It's music.

Comment

I've got too young girls and I've been to the Red Bull Air Races a couple times. At both venues the planes were so far away the aircraft volume was very tolerable and less than the music and announcers. I'd compare it to a single Formula One plane at Reno from the general admission grand stands.

If it was me, I would bring a pair of foam ear plugs for each (just in case) and have a great time.

My 2 Cents.

Comment

bflynt has it nailed. Odds are it will be the announcing which makes our ears bleed (like at Reno). Throw some foam plugs in your pocket. Got 'em if the need arises.
                No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
                http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Working...
                X