Fastest 2-seat IF1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest 2-seat IF1?

Hey guys, haven't been on in a while! I got an email from RARA about the next episode of the 2016 coverage coming out and it has reinvigorated me.

While watching the formula 1 heat races and listening to the commentary, I got to wondering, who/what was the fastest two place to fly in IF1? Any of you guys that have been around a while have any recollections?

I know Klaus went fairly quick in his eze and I seem to recall a KR that went around the pylons (not necessarily fast), anything else out there?

Thanks!
    Kelsey

Re: Fastest 2-seat IF1?

Originally posted by racingjoe27 View Post
    Hey guys, haven't been on in a while! I got an email from RARA about the next episode of the 2016 coverage coming out and it has reinvigorated me.

While watching the formula 1 heat races and listening to the commentary, I got to wondering, who/what was the fastest two place to fly in IF1? Any of you guys that have been around a while have any recollections?

I know Klaus went fairly quick in his eze and I seem to recall a KR that went around the pylons (not necessarily fast), anything else out there?

Thanks!
    Kelsey
    Klaus ran Sport Class, not IF-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
      Klaus ran Sport Class, not IF-1.
      I thought he ran the Delaminator in formula one before the sport class was born? I tried to search the records, but don't know which year it would have been.

Comment

The only KR I find in any of the records was Kevin Kelly's KR-100. It was designed and built by the same people that did the two seat KR-1 and KR2, but the KR-100 was single seat.

Comment

Jim Miller raced a 2 place version of his Pusher design for several years. I think it was a solid Gold Race airplane at the time.

Klaus never raced in IF1.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
            Jim Miller raced a 2 place version of his Pusher design for several years. I think it was a solid Gold Race airplane at the time.

Klaus never raced in IF1.
            Which of the Miller pushers was a two seat? I know Texas Gem (the original miller JM-2), Pushy Cat and Pushy Galore were all single seaters raced by Bruce Bohannon.
            Last edited by Race5; 03-29-2017, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thought I'd fly by..... The 2 seater JM racer was "Puffin" owned and flown by Errol Robberson. I might be wrong on the spelling. Errol was from Alaska. He brought down a massive amount of salmon each year to feed the F1 class. He left us in a race that I was in. He got hit by a very heavy dust devil between pylon 5 and 6. Errol was a GREAT man loved the sport. Yet another sad departure.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis View Post
                Hello,

Thought I'd fly by..... The 2 seater JM racer was "Puffin" owned and flown by Errol Robberson. I might be wrong on the spelling. Errol was from Alaska. He brought down a massive amount of salmon each year to feed the F1 class. He left us in a race that I was in. He got hit by a very heavy dust devil between pylon 5 and 6. Errol was a GREAT man loved the sport. Yet another sad departure.

Jon
                Ah OK. For some reason I thought Puffin later became Texas Gem. That's what I was missing. Thanks!

Comment

Thom Richard and "Hot Stuff"..............well it almost became a 2 place last year. thankfully it didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis View Post
                    Hello,

Jon
                    Jon beat me to it; Puffin was the only 2 seater - albeit a very tight fitting one - that I can recall.

And I will second Jon's comments about Errol - a great, friendly guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X