Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Reno news of 2017

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
    I wish! It's a work thing. Getting wined and dined by Schluter. Touring the plant, etc etc. No free time. They are putting us up at the grand sierra though, so that is nice....
    Schluter as in the orange tiling stuff?

Comment

Well, I just go to see the Big Iron go FAST! Who cares about records. Fastest motor sport in the world! Respect to the other race classes, especially RUBY in the bipes. They all get to have fun and go fast and compete. All about having fun safely.

Frank C.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank C. View Post
        Well, I just go to see the Big Iron go FAST! Who cares about records. Fastest motor sport in the world! Respect to the other race classes, especially RUBY in the bipes. They all get to have fun and go fast and compete. All about having fun safely.

Frank C.
        Thanks for the Biplane-love! We don't seem to get much of it, here on AAFO or anywhere else, for that matter.

#Imnotafastwarbird

Sam
        Biplane Race #3

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
          Schluter as in the orange tiling stuff?

Yes, Ditra Antifracture membrane and the Kerdi Waterproofing are Orange. Orange is their color. They also are famous for the little aluminium trims on the exposed edges.

Their distribution center for the west coast is in Reno. Super cool building actually.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboycpa View Post
            Thanks for the Biplane-love! We don't seem to get much of it, here on AAFO or anywhere else, for that matter.

#Imnotafastwarbird

Sam
            Hello Sam,

I see your race number is "3"..... paint that Pitts ORANGE and you will get a LOT of love from Section 3!

Comment

Originally posted by WARPT View Post
              Hello Sam,

I see your race number is "3"..... paint that Pitts ORANGE and you will get a LOT of love from Section 3!
              Sam,

I'll come by and see you in Sept and give you a special Section 3 decal. They add a bit more mph.

and get you additional "love".

Last edited by Desertdawg; 04-04-2017, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
                Nope. Fastest one comes in around 498 I believe.
                Dago ran 507 in '03...how is that not a "true" 500+ MPH lap?

Comment

Originally posted by grampi View Post
                  Dago ran 507 in '03...how is that not a "true" 500+ MPH lap?
                  You must be completely missing the point?

"true" by many of us, old timers included, would be using the standard measurement of point to point, rather than some enlarged theoretical course measurement.

1964-2002, as well as every other air racing venue, ever, has used the point to point system. Same thing in the auto-world.

The fake measurements were invented in 2003 strictly to push a headline when RARA needed a headline. Following the $$$ loss of 9/11.

- Joseph

Comment

So, what would Dago's 507 run equate to on a point to point measured course?

Comment

Originally posted by WARPT View Post
                      Hello Sam,

No doubt!

Sam
                      Biplane Race #3

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                        Sam,

I'll come by and see you in Sept and give you a special Section 3 decal. They add a bit more mph.

and get you additional "love".

I'd be honored to wear the orange Section-3 decal! Come by anytime in the pits.

Also, I did give my first "gut-autograph" this past year to Section 3's "Kuntry Rick". He was seeking autographs of any plane with a "3" in the race number.

Sam
                        Biplane Race #3

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                          So, what would Dago's 507 run equate to on a point to point measured course?
                          Over what I believe was a 49.612 Mile 6 lap race, including the start-lap / dive onto the course?
                          499.8 + MPH.

Remember the start lap wouldn't be counted during a qualifying run. And is always a little superficial / on the high side compared to the first full lap. Does help tend to a higher race average.

- Joseph

Comment

Working...
                          X