Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Reno news of 2017

Default Re: Best Reno news of 2017

an an unrelated note I am getting on a plane and flying to reno in a few hours for a work thing. This will be the first time (out of 36ish ) that I have ever been in Reno not in september. Not really excited. Hah!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjibus View Post
    So are they going to make this retroactive and correct all the fake speeds that have been figured since then? That is the only way this change makes any sense at this point.
    Doubtful. The records set during the "Optimal Race Path" calculation years (2003 to present) were records in their own right, established under the rules that existed at the time through no fault of the race teams. They should stand as is.
    Air Judge
    Deputy Chief Pylon Judge
    http://airbossone.com
    http://owenashurstphotography.com

an an unrelated note I am getting on a plane and flying to reno in a few hours for a work thing. This will be the first time (out of 36ish ) that I have ever been in Reno not in september. Not really excited. Hah!
    Bring your skies, some of the best skiing conditions ever!

One thing to remember is that any speeds after the change will still not be an apples to apples comparison to the "old days". Pylons have been moved since the last time they used pylon to pylon distance to calculate speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertdawg View Post
    Bring your skies, some of the best skiing conditions ever!
    I wish! It's a work thing. Getting wined and dined by Schluter. Touring the plant, etc etc. No free time. They are putting us up at the grand sierra though, so that is nice....

I wish! It's a work thing. Getting wined and dined by Schluter. Touring the plant, etc etc. No free time. They are putting us up at the grand sierra though, so that is nice....
    Schluter as in the orange tiling stuff?

Well, I just go to see the Big Iron go FAST! Who cares about records. Fastest motor sport in the world! Respect to the other race classes, especially RUBY in the bipes. They all get to have fun and go fast and compete. All about having fun safely.

Frank C.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank C. View Post
    Well, I just go to see the Big Iron go FAST! Who cares about records. Fastest motor sport in the world! Respect to the other race classes, especially RUBY in the bipes. They all get to have fun and go fast and compete. All about having fun safely.

Frank C.
    Thanks for the Biplane-love! We don't seem to get much of it, here on AAFO or anywhere else, for that matter.

#Imnotafastwarbird

Sam
    Biplane Race #3

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
    Schluter as in the orange tiling stuff?

Yes, Ditra Antifracture membrane and the Kerdi Waterproofing are Orange. Orange is their color. They also are famous for the little aluminium trims on the exposed edges.

Their distribution center for the west coast is in Reno. Super cool building actually.

Thumbs up Re: Best Reno news of 2017

Quote Originally Posted by flyboycpa View Post
    Thanks for the Biplane-love! We don't seem to get much of it, here on AAFO or anywhere else, for that matter.

#Imnotafastwarbird

Sam
    Hello Sam,

I see your race number is "3"..... paint that Pitts ORANGE and you will get a LOT of love from Section 3!