Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super Legacy Progress Etc..

Default Re: Super Legacy Progress Etc..

2 of those turbos are good for north of 600hp though I'm sure the custom work you mentioned has to do with the large cubic inches and relatively low rpms as compared to cars so.........a lot of the car engine understanding concerning turbo sizing and a/r doesn't apply so much.

Your turbo guys are blazing a new trail.....wtg.

Apparently I don't have FTP access to my server at the moment, so I'll have to share some updated photos later.

Moral of the story, work continues on the airframe mostly, which has just about all of the major structural composite work completed. I still need to design and build an instrument panel, close the leading edge of the wing, and make a few fuel plumbing changes to the wings, then I'd say the airframe is ready for firewall forward and wiring. Not to make either of those sound simple...

85% of the engine parts are in my shop now, with only the new waste gate system and baffle parts left to finish design work on. Then the waste gate controller, which we are farming out to MoTeC. The exhaust manifolds I have, but getting them overboard will have to be hand built, and not easy. I think I'm going to have to buy a tig welder and just learn how to do it myself.

My piano hinge flap system needs a few details on the top of the flap, but I'll do that after I close the stub wings, which is one of the very last steps. Leaving those open as long as possible makes any gear work really easy. After they are closed, working in the gear well sucks.

The last week has been mostly doing the final bodywork on the top half of the Beluga belly, and the tail group. I'd like to get everything aft of the canopy in flyable primer by the weekend. We'll see. I'll follow up later when I can host some new photos.

Right on! I love the updates and the build process; makes me feel like I'm right there!

Thanks!
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Thanks for the update! It is going to be exciting to see this plane at Reno! Any chance of Reno 2018?

Thanks for sharing, Dude. Appreciate your willingness to allow everyone to follow along in your efforts! One the many things I really love about this sport...Keep on, keepin' on!
    Air Judge
    Deputy Chief Pylon Judge
    Owner - AIR BOSS ONE LLC
    http://airbossone.com

Quote Originally Posted by Air Judge View Post
    Thanks for sharing, Dude. Appreciate your willingness to allow everyone to follow along in your efforts! One the many things I really love about this sport...Keep on, keepin' on!
    What he said x 2

Thanks for sharing.

Thumbs up Re: Super Legacy Progress Etc..

Thanks for sharing all that's involved with making a plane go faster. I remember as a teenager at the Cleveland Air Races in the late 1940's when I first saw Anson Johnson's P51 with the belly scoop off and I asked him why & the answer was "To make it go faster". Keep it going onward.
    Lockheed Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Thanks for the update! It is going to be exciting to see this plane at Reno! Any chance of Reno 2018?
    Definitely 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Judge View Post
    You're welcome. I need reminding to do so every so often as I'm really busy on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertdawg View Post
    What he said x 2

Thanks for sharing.
    You are welcome. More when I can post some current photos again.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertdawg View Post
    What he said x 2

Thanks for sharing.
    X 3, Thanks for sharing, love following the progress. Can't wait to see you at Reno.

A cut and paste from the other thread about Relentless:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyKidChris View Post
    Hmm - name that plane? "Pricey" would be a decent name as it's a synonym for expensive. Should we make this a "name-Tom's-airplane" contest?

Or how about "Charlie?" As in Charlie from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory as this will be your gold ticket ride to the gold heat?