Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Super Legacy Progress Etc..

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
    Thanks for sharing, Dude. Appreciate your willingness to allow everyone to follow along in your efforts! One the many things I really love about this sport...Keep on, keepin' on!
    What he said x 2

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for sharing all that's involved with making a plane go faster. I remember as a teenager at the Cleveland Air Races in the late 1940's when I first saw Anson Johnson's P51 with the belly scoop off and I asked him why & the answer was "To make it go faster". Keep it going onward.
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
        Thanks for the update! It is going to be exciting to see this plane at Reno! Any chance of Reno 2018?
        Definitely 2018.

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
        Thanks for sharing, Dude. Appreciate your willingness to allow everyone to follow along in your efforts! One the many things I really love about this sport...Keep on, keepin' on!
        You're welcome. I need reminding to do so every so often as I'm really busy on it.

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
        What he said x 2

Thanks for sharing.
        You are welcome. More when I can post some current photos again.
        Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

What he said x 2

Thanks for sharing.
          X 3, Thanks for sharing, love following the progress. Can't wait to see you at Reno.

Comment

A cut and paste from the other thread about Relentless:

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post
            Hmm - name that plane? "Pricey" would be a decent name as it's a synonym for expensive. Should we make this a "name-Tom's-airplane" contest?

Or how about "Charlie?" As in Charlie from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory as this will be your gold ticket ride to the gold heat?

Comment

Very, very brief update as I'm scrambling right now. Lots of little things done, but nothing really worth mentioning. Here is how it sits today. Most of that primer will get sanded off too.

And the bottom of the wings from a few months ago. Pretty slick if I don't say so myself. Wingtip trailing edge needs dressed, but not until I finish the top side bodywork.

More later when I have time.
              Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

She's looking awesome! Very slick. Plenty of time left
                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I would imagine you wake up in the middle of the night thinking what needs to be done next, huh :-)

Thats looking real well there young man.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                    She's looking awesome! Very slick. Plenty of time left
                    Thanks! Eh, time runs out for everyone it seems like. I don't want that to happen, but there is so much to do for one person. I have to be an expert on a lot of areas to make it the way I want it, without depending on anyone. Also helps the budget if I do it. Tig welding will be my next personal challenge.

I would imagine you wake up in the middle of the night thinking what needs to be done next, huh :-)

Thats looking real well there young man.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks and you are welcome! I'm sorry I don't share more. I literally have a thousand build photos, but for most people 99% of them don't mean anything. They have helped me a lot actually, like the work we're planning for #30. I have a step by step how I did it in a folder, just need to follow along. That is a lot easier than thinking up each step before you do it.
                    Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Working...
                    X