Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jet Quickie Article / TWERP crash photos

Default Re: Jet Quickie Article / TWERP crash photos

Quote Originally Posted by Dudewanarace View Post
    This may be too little too late, but it is worth mentioning. That visor you show in your photos is the incorrect visor for the MBU-20/p mask. That visor is cut for the MBU-12/p mask. The correct visor offers more protection, especially in the area where it looks like you got hit. Now, considering it knocked it off, maybe it wouldn't have mattered. But, I'd get it corrected regardless. You have to tell Gibson-Barnes exactly what you want, in my experience. I only buy there if I have to. Old lens with the "Contour" sticker is for the -12. Hard to tell the difference until you put it on. (my com wires have changed since this photo)

Awesome!! Thank you!!!

We are aware the visor is for the MBU-12, its in the upcoming article on the subject. When I talked to the guys at Gibson they didn't have the 20 visor. Great to hear that is sorted!!!

Do you worry about your parachute risors getting caught on the permanently installed boom mic?

Thank you again!
    Elliot
    Last edited by laminar; 02-17-2017 at 09:48 PM.

Hi Elliot,

just received my copy of Kitplanes and read your article again. Thanks a lot for letting us participate in your experience
    Looking forward to see you again in September
    By the way, wich airplane are you going to fly around the pylons? What is the status of race #33, will it be ready for the races? Or will we see your F1 plane again?
    Anyhow, flights to reno are booked and we will be there to see you racing

Best regards from Germany,
    Franz

Quote Originally Posted by glider69 View Post
    Hi Elliot,

just received my copy of Kitplanes and read your article again. Thanks a lot for letting us participate in your experience
    Looking forward to see you again in September
    By the way, wich airplane are you going to fly around the pylons? What is the status of race #33, will it be ready for the races? Or will we see your F1 plane again?
    Anyhow, flights to reno are booked and we will be there to see you racing

Best regards from Germany,
    Franz
    Franz,

Thank you for the note.

We are pretty slammed right now with a bunch of cool projects. Our plan is to put Wasabi on the course in 2017, but right now there is a bunch of other stuff in front of it in line.

Thanks again!!

Elliot
    661-754-5288

Quote Originally Posted by laminar View Post
    Do you worry about your parachute risors getting caught on the permanently installed boom mic?
    Elliot
    Nope.. I mean if it did, it would only be an inconvenience. The Navy issued a bunch of helmets with both a fixed mic and bayonet receivers for a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudewanarace View Post
    Nope.. I mean if it did, it would only be an inconvenience. The Navy issued a bunch of helmets with both a fixed mic and bayonet receivers for a mask.
    Interesting point.

I don't have enough jumps to weigh in on the subject, but some folks get pretty wound up about it.

Elliot